How stable is 10149?

nblots

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Pinning multiple email accounts is huge improvement.

A lot of things I'm liking in this build, especially since a few hours have passed and it has"settled" down.

On a 928

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The build is a lot lot lot stable(L720).. Bugs which are often seen are-
1.The pin bug.. It would be better if you use this build without pin..
2. Action centre toggles blink and are not usable.. Restart to fix..
3. Screenshots cant be sent through whatsapp.. Fix for that is move the screenshot pic to camera roll through file explorer app and then you can send it through whatsapp

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty awesome on my 1520. Finally there's a build I can use on a daily basis.

Still a few little niggles, but nothing really heart-breaking.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This is a dream come true... This build is freaking awesome in my L920 (and this is my primary and only phone).
First i havent done any hard reset after the new build. And before this build i was on 10136. I am a moderate user.

I love:
  • the new animations. They are fast, modern and slick.
  • the startscreen in great. The tiles are crispy and live tiles are back for the msn apps and cortana. The all apps better. With new changes and a more minimal look. They have changed the jumplist and it's awesome :)
  • the store beta seems faster. I am not sure if they changed anything or this happens because the whole build is more stable.
  • the UI is improved in many native apps. Check out the changes in clock & alarm. There are some awesome changes in the world clock.
  • Photo app can support gif photos (at last)
  • Cortana also got some great new features and improvements. She can now send an email to your contacts!!!
  • No more reasuming!!!! I have only seen it few times and it lasted about 1-2 sec top.
  • microsoft edge is really the best brower for me. It fast, reliable and slick.
  • the ringer and notification center has also some minor changes. And at last the music has new buttons that fit the new style. (i dont know if i have said it correctly, what i mean is the center that appears when you hit the volume buttons)
  • I think battery is good.

Things that need to be better:
  • action center and notifications. There are many good changes but there are still some small annoying bugs/glitches. Sometimes the toggles blink and arent responsive at all. (dont worry restart your phone).
  • sometimes apps crash, but this is normal for an alpha OS. But i have seen that games/ apps that previously didnt open (in 10136) now open, like the one more line game.
  • I saw in another post about a bug with pin. I havent faced this because i dont use a pin. My advice is to avoid using pin in this build unless the fix it.

In general, my phone is stable and fast. I havent have an major bug, unexpected restart or crash. I can connect to wifi, send and recieve mails/sms or calls. The UI is more refined and it feels like a finished OS.
This is my opinion and my personal experience about this build. I hope i was helpful. And my advice is you are afraid or simply can stand even the smallest bugs dont use the insider and the TPs. Also install it to a secondary phone if you can.

(thanks you very much for the patience to read my tiny, tiny text)

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with the SD card in 10149 on Lumia 535.

Submitted to Gabe already, but it appears that apps installed on an SD card are very unreliable indeed.
Almost all of my apps are installed on an SD card, but since updating from Windows Phone 8.1 (Update 1), the apps show "Unavailable" for the ones installed on an SD card, even though the SD card is inserted.
I've tried a soft reset but to no avail.

So if you don't mind bugs like this, then this build is rather stable for daily use in my opinion.

mgerbasio

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I tried it but rolled back to 8.1. Looks nice but for me the phone app kept crashing, notifications weren't working and other problems.

TheMiseryOfMe

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I really don't undertand people and this question.

How stable can alpha software be. If it was a stable software don't you think they would release it.

if you cannot deal with bugs and crashes and freezes and things not working as they are supposed to do not install any TP software on your phone.

This build, and the one after it will not be STABLE. it will just be better than the previous.

When I stable I'm not asking is this bug free or almost bug free I'm more asking is it going to crash on me every 5 minutes, are there unexpected bugs that weren't mentioned, or is it going to destroy the phone if I forget to do something minor. Plus I also want to find out how it's fairing for other people who are using it or are on the same phone.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd say a hard reset isn't needed if upgrading from 8.1. I'm not sure if that is the case if upgrading from a prior tp.

I updated my 920 and 930 from 10136 without the need of a hard reset. But before the update I deleted every app which could deleted.
Actual on my 920 store beta stopped working in 10136 but in 10149 it works again.

And I can logon on the Windows Central app.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
How about basic things like receiving-sending text messages and calls? in the current build

These things work fine :) Of course in 10136 you couldn't spend a lot of time in messaging apps, because it would crash, but I haven't been that busy with messaging so far, so I don't know. Calls work just fine for me

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
These things work fine :) Of course in 10136 you couldn't spend a lot of time in messaging apps, because it would crash, but I haven't been that busy with messaging so far, so I don't know. Calls work just fine for me

I have a hard time telling I'm not in the 8.1 messaging app now. It works good.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Build 10149 is obviously the most stable yet, although a few bugs are persistent. I'd still suggest hard resetting before upgrading to remove migration issues, as well as not restoring a previous backup.

Personally, I think now is a good time to try the builds if you haven't already. Seems like now that they're ramping down builds of Windows 10 for PCs due to RTM fast approaching, they're now starting to shift focus on development for W10 mobile. I expect the next couple of weeks to be interesting, with builds coming at a faster rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss