alternative to reset your phone after a new build - 10136+

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
some folks, including me, had several problems with some app (settings app the most) on the build 10136. i for example needed like 3 8.1 rollbacks (4 upgrades to 10136) to figure what was causing the problems. im also running on a l535 which has some additional bugs on dialog boxes so a reset after the build is installed is out of discussion. but finally, i did find the problem:

as everyone knows, 10136 was first to have that migration data bug. AND it severely used the post upgrade app update, so the majority of the stock apps was installed/update only POST upgrade. well, these two practices leaded to all those crushed apps. as i found out, there is currently a bug where stock apps, such as settings (the most sensitive one), that allows us to install them on SD cards. i found myself in the position with 3 bad upgrades just to find this out, and when i rolled back and upgraded again but with settings to install apps on phone, voila, all apps were running perfect on my phone.

also, given that 10149 has the same migrating bug and the same practice of installing/updating apps post upgrade, there is a strong chance to encounter this problem again. sure, those who are able to do a factory reset after upgrading could go that way, but i think setting your phone to only install apps on phone until all stock apps are installed, is much more cleaner. bottom line, MS should configure stock apps to only get installed on phone, no matter your storage sense setting.

hope this helps anyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb