Which phones have 4 Columns of Medium tiles on Windows 10?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Most screenshots these days show 4 columns of medium tiles with the newer Windows 10 builds. I read documentation somewhere that phones with and above 5" displays would have 4 columns of medium tiles. Unfortunately, my 830 doesn't seem to have it.

Does anyone know which phones have this? Does the 930 have it?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a resolution thing rather than a screen size thing. Your phone is only 720p.

Till now, all scaling decisions were based on screen size, not resolution. The 1320 and 640XL are both 720p but definitely has the 4 medium sized tile columns.

Can anyone confirm that the 930 supports 4 columns of medium tiles? If so, I will go get one today. I like smaller tiles, especially with W10, the tiles have become huge with the space between tiles cut down.

Last edited:

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Till now, all scaling decisions were based on screen size, not resolution. The 1320 and 640XL are both 720p but definitely has the 4 medium sized tile columns.

Can anyone confirm that the 930 supports 4 columns of medium tiles? If so, I will go get one today. I like smaller tiles, especially with W10, the tiles have become huge with the space between tiles cut down.

930 doesn't support 4 columns of medium tiles (confirmed on my 930 running 10149). I think only those phones greater than 5" support (i.e. 1520).

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
in windows phone and windows 10 mobile, differences in design and features were made based on screen size AND resolution. sometimes only one, but sometimes both.
tiles were usually the things that got influenced by BOTH screen size and resolution, so maybe for the forth column a 5"+ device with full HD display is required.
as opposed to this, the new feature for navigation (holding home button) is influenced only by the screen size, not by resolution too.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
in windows phone and windows 10 mobile, differences in design and features were made based on screen size AND resolution. sometimes only one, but sometimes both.
tiles were usually the things that got influenced by BOTH screen size and resolution, so maybe for the forth column a 5"+ device with full HD display is required.
as opposed to this, the new feature for navigation (holding home button) is influenced only by the screen size, not by resolution too.

I can confirm that's not entirely accurate in this context because the 1320 and 640XL are both 720p and support the 4th column of tiles.

Noor Islam1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Guys it's nothing like that which phone has 5 inch screen and all

Guys look i saw many websites but they are wrong i tell u every phone can support four column tile which phone hv win10.... Update ur phone on win10 then if u want to four column tile so first u have to setting then go system after that go display option then u hv to do small text and tiles size after done restart your phone then go setting and go personalize then click on start option then click in "show more tiles" after done four tiles will be appear on the desktop.... Thank u guys

Arne Ebbesen

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It is possible with 920 (10586.11) set to 175% to get 4 columns with medium sized tiles. Smallest tiles almost become too small for my fingers though ...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Most screenshots these days show 4 columns of medium tiles with the newer Windows 10 builds. I read documentation somewhere that phones with and above 5" displays would have 4 columns of medium tiles. Unfortunately, my 830 doesn't seem to have it.

Does anyone know which phones have this? Does the 930 have it?

Go to settings, system, display, set scaling to lowest, restart phone. And after restart, show more tiles option to be enabled

640xxxl

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
my 640xl dualism has only 3 columns. can anyone show me how to make the phone show 4 columns?

Settings>Personalization>Start, scroll down and check Show more tiles. If still no results, Settings>System>Display and move Size of text, apps... slider to 175% (default).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium