Mobile Build 10149 Wi-Fi networking weirdness

Tarzr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys.

I just upgraded my Lumia 1520 from Build 10136 to 10149. I must say the UI experience is now more fluid, faster, and beginning to be more beautiful than Lumia Denim. The scrolling of Start screen is now smoother. Animation is a bit more subdued and feels better. The only lag I observed so far is when, after entering PIN, "Loading..." takes a while longer to display Start screen compared to instant speed in Win 8.1.

Unfortunately in my case, there is one serious glitch:

The Wi-Fi networking can not be turned ON. (Settings > Network & Wireless -> Wi-Fi). When I try to toggle it ON it displays this message: "Can't do this right now. Try again in a little while. If the problem continues, restart your phone and try again." I rebooted numerous times with no success. Also, in Manage, no Wi-Fi hotspots are even displayed. I hope this build did not ruin the Wi-Fi part of the hardware. Or, is it possible?

Here are the other weirdness after installation:

* In Action Center, the 'Quiet hours' tile/button is activated with the crescent moon icon blinking. It cannot be turned off. Perhaps this is related to my dead Wi-Fi networking.
* Microsoft Edge is not in my Apps list. Do I have to download it from the Store? Sorry, I was not able to test this because I can't do Wi-Fi yet.
* At one point, almost all of the Action Center buttons are selected/activated with their icons blinking. I restarted, and all is fine, except for 'Quiet hours' which is still tirelessly blinking.

I have no idea how to get back the Wi-Fi function. I have not yet experienced reverting back to Win 8.1 and how to do it. Sadly, I will have to use up my precious Cellular data for internet connection. I am just jealous of others I read of how happy they are with this new build.

WillG83

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on a Nokia Lumia 925 after upgrading from 10136. WiFi cannot be turned on with a message

"Can't do this at the moment
Try again in a little while. If the problem continues, restart your phone and try again."

I've restarted several times. I also don't appear to have a cellular data connection either. Leaving my device completely offline.

Oddly, when I go into "Cellular & SIM settings" under "Network & Wireless" the page is blank.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Damn, that is serious if all of you are having that issue. Did you guys do a hard reset after you updated to the newest build?

ruchirsharma

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I still think you're all better off... So, my Lumia 638 on build 10149 won't allow any cellular access. My single SIM 638 shows two icons for SIM network, and both don't have any bars. In other words, I can't make any phone calls with it!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys, Have the same problem as all above updated last night from 8.1 got up this morning all looks great but no WIFI nor does it show any networks? has anyone fix this or know what to do with this to solve . Because everything else looks great I have not done a hard reset but will if needed. also just notice cellular & sim settings is blank but I am able to make and received phone calls.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
To revert back just use the software recovery tool. You can download it from Microsoft. Search Lumia recovery tool download.

Did any of you try a hard reset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss