TrueCaller Wont Work.

kwartey

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the issue with the TrueCaller app. Its been crashing for me since 10136 update. Am now on the 10149 update and the problem still persists.

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. If you go to Settings > System > Phone > Choose Apps there is a selector for Caller ID apps and Truecaller isn't listed there, so I'm guessing that the API for it has changed and the app needs to be updated to work with Windows 10.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have Truecaller installed on my Lumia 830 (running latest W10M RS1 update) for many days. Earlier I could enter number and search for name (in India).
But nowadays when I searched for any number, I get result as "Name available". I thought may be numbers which I am searching have removed their details from Truecaller database or information is available on request (I am not sure how to send request).
Later I tried to search same 3-4 numbers on Truecaller's Android app, and surprise! search results displayed names of all numbers which were displayed only as "Name available" by Windows App.
Any idea why could there be difference in behavior of these apps on Windows and Android.

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I think in the latest insider preview build of Windows 10 Mobile the API has changed which stops Truecaller from functioning. I no longer see Truecaller as an app to select for blocking calls or for caller ID, loading Truecaller app works and shows recent calls but there is no automatic caller ID etc.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately this is still the same in the latest build 14946. Shame really as the app works so much better than the built in version.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, strange. It's missing for me and others. Also I have lost the call record function too. Hopefully both will be resolved in next build.

mikeharden

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Truecaller not working on latest build as the ability to pick default phone app does not allow Truecaller to be on the list. When you go to "Phone" Settings, scroll down to "Default apps", "Choose apps", under "Calling & Messaging", Block and Filter or None are the only ones listed. It used to have the ability to pick Truecaller. So in other words, true caller can't integrate into the blocking feature.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea it has been broke for me for a few fast ring builds now. I've submitted feedback to True Caller but have not heard back. Sucks cause it did work great for many years but I've uninstalled it until they fix it.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by swanlee
Yea it has been broke for me for a few fast ring builds now. I've submitted feedback to True Caller but have not heard back. Sucks cause it did work great for many years but I've uninstalled it until they fix it.

Be interesting if Truecaller get back to you. If they do it will be along the lines of "you are using a pre release OS and as such we cannot guarantee compatibility". Which in essence is correct. They wouldn't have checked compatibility yet. It's a case of suck it and see.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm on 14393.315 and although blocking calls enabled, it still let's them through. The info says spam or blocked an phone still rings!! D'oh

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
True caller is working on the latest public build. Highly doubt they are going to worry about running on Redstone 2 until it's released.

Well the key is redstone 2 obviously has a different api and Truecaller will need to get this fixed at sometime before the redstone 2 update goes live. It would be good for Truecaller to get this fixed now so when more people update they aren;t left with a broken app.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got a reply from Truecaller, I'll be happy when it works again

OCT 27, 2016 | 02:34PM CEST
Kamran replied:
Hi, Thank you for your mail and feedback. The root cause of this has been identified as a compatibility issue specific to Microsoft insider build version 14936 (and above) and it will be fixed within shortly in one of the upcoming Microsoft insider build updates.

Best regards,
Kamran Mamedi @ Truecaller

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon