Great Build but Remaining Nagging issues in 10149

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if it's just me but has anyone else had Touch removed? I can't locate it as an app or within the Settings menu and now I can't get rid of the feedback from pushing the buttons, which I despise lol.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Touch still present on my 535.

Main bugs were, as for me:
* UI issues when using the light theme. For instant, when longpressing on apps in the app list, I get a black box instead of the dialog box. Switching to the dark theme (which I prefer on my 1020, but not on the 535) solves it: I can then see the content of the dialog box (uninstall, pin to start, etc.)
* People hub works but has no icon (blank tile), even in the app list. I can now link contacts, which was impossible on 10136
* Mixradio, nokia account, network+ and extras+infos still blocked in store queue (fail to install)
* Extra keyboards still fail to install

What was fixed is : all these popups which were out of reach now appear correctly, centred on the screen, so I can accept/dismiss warnings. Navigation bar can be hidden again.

And don't forget to check the Lumia Storyteller live tile! Its animation is quite nice, and different from the one I get on WP8.1

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
To install touch etc., this worked for me:
a) download sysapp pusher
b) select each stuck/missing "extra app" (network+, etc.), click on them in sysapp pusher, select the old store, and download from there.

It didn't work for mixradio, but for extras+infos, etc. yes.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
To install touch etc., this worked for me:
a) download sysapp pusher
b) select each stuck/missing "extra app" (network+, etc.), click on them in sysapp pusher, select the old store, and download from there.

It didn't work for mixradio, but for extras+infos, etc. yes.

It shows touch no longer available!!!!!

Mr Philo

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Issues different from these for me are:

• Photo picker does not seem to work - can not change backgroud picture on start screen or e.g. in pimp my band
  • In Microsoft health, I can not rearrange tiles in 'Manage Tiles' -> 'Rearrange Tiles'. I have done this many times and can not imagine, how the OS could even have influence here ;)
  • Motion Data can not be set up - you can install it from the old store but you never get it under the now back 'Extras' under Settings
  • Same for Glance screen
  • Quiet Hours in Action Center is flashing and does not work - reboot does *not* solve it.
  • Background Task settings crash to start when opened

Besides, it is a great build.

Lumia 1520 on 10136, hard reset, update to 10149, hard reset, restore from 10136 backup (which originated from 10136, never saw 8.1)

Best regards,
Corwin

Has the motion data and brightness setting (changing contrast) disappeared for you after hard reseting?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I see all files when browsing them with file explorer, but music players show no music, what could be the reason? Fresh install.
Windows Phones are notorious for not refreshing microSD cards for new information. I highly suggest you go yell at Microsoft about it and tell them to add a manual refresh button. I have.
The only solutions I can think of are to format the microSD card and to move all the files back onto it through the phone instead of the computer. Or to simply wait.

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to disable the streamed onedrive songs in the music app in this build? i can't find the setting anymore. Anyone else able to upload photos automatically? on drive just gives me errors whenever anything attempts to upload.
I also can't use video on the camera or lumia camera errors out and won't work until i reset the phone, and some of the pictures i take say "can't load this picture" and they're just blank errors. anyone else with these issues?
im running an icon.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Sure, it disappears when you hard reset.

All of this apllied for me when I hard reset (and I sure would):

Under 10136 the settings apps like glance and motion (and others, but the others would stay) were in the app list and could be pinned before getting updated through the new store and a reboot. After that they would be gone.
With 10149, they do not appear in the applist anymore, plus they do not show up in 'extras' as well. You can install them with Sysapp Pusher over the old store, still they do not appear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)