Unable to unlock (build 10149)

Dave_Paquette

May 1, 2015
Visit site
This is one of the known issues for build 10149:
There is a very rare situation where you are unable to unlock your phone after entering your PIN and it keeps letting you type even though you entered your pin correctly. If you hit this ? leave the phone alone 1-2 hours before trying to unlock again. This is caused by a TPM issue that could get worse and require you to reflash if you get into this state and power off the phone.

I must be extremely lucky to have run into this 'very rare situation'. Has only else had this problem? I waited over an hour to unlock but still unable to. I am waiting at least 2 hours before trying again. Hopefully it will work next time otherwise I will need to use the recovery tool again.

Daniel Menoni

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I ran into this problem after a horrible mess of an install (eventually back to 8.1). The only way through it, it seems, is to roll back, remove PIN (work email also, if policy is enforced) and then run the install.

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm also facing the same issue with my L830. I'm waiting for an hour lets see if i get it cleared or else it seems roll back is the only option!! :crying::crying:

dataczar5

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I am facing the same issue with lumia 920. I tried after an hour with no luck. I have some stuff from yesterday that I would like to backup before reverting back. Anyone have any ideas?

Dave_Paquette

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I waited 2 1/2 hours and still wasn't able to unlock. Finally resorted to restarting the phone (even though the release notes imply this is a bad idea). After a restart I was able to unlock. Hope this helps someone.

Note: no chickens were harmed in the unlocking of this phone

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Jesus Christ people, why do you have a PIN lock on your phone. -_-
Anyways, I guess following that method is the only way to go. MS knows what's best for ya.

If nothing else, try to restore, then remove PIN, then upgrade again (if you still want it).

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I guess because according to Microsoft, it's a "vey rare situation." Looks like the downplayed the magnitude of it.

There is a very rare situation where you are unable to unlock your phone after entering your PIN and it keeps letting you type even though you entered your pin correctly. If you hit this ? leave the phone alone 1-2 hours before trying to unlock again. This is caused by a TPM issue that could get worse and require you to reflash if you get into this state and power off the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro