Apps saying i have to pay again in W10 10149?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
An app I paid for is now saying I have to pay for it again once I installed 10149. The app is "Battery Status" I bought this last year and its been working fine on 8.1 and 10080 and 10136. But now in 10149 its has ads again and is asking me to pay again. I don't care about the two bucks but I dont want it to keep happening with future builds and other possible apps. It could add up. So what do I do to fix this? I signed on to my Microsoft account when installed 10149.

NihilisticWonder

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
It is a bug they will be fixing. It is because of the migration between stores.
It is listed under known bugs

•There is a known issue where apps or games are installed as trial versions even though you have previously purchased them. In-app purchases on Windows 10 Mobile are not functional yet as we migrate the function to the new Windows Store.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you can answer this question that has always perplexed me. Im just not sure how this works. So you buy an app, or several. How are those apps tied to you? It cant be the phone because I got a new phone last year and all my apps I paid for worked on the new phone. It cant be the telephone number because ive changed numbers and area codes. What about your Microsoft live account? Do you have to sign in to your account in order to make sure you have the app tied to the account. I never have not signed into to my Microsoft live account so im wondering how this works.

Thanks for the reply btw that helped.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It is tied with you MS account, the one you bought the apps under.

Absolutely right. This is how Universal apps are able to be purchased once and then used on your phone, desktop, Xbox, etc. They all have to sign in with a Microsoft Account, then the app is recognized as purchased on all the devices you sign in on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos