Music with xbox music pass

kelidus

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Just installed the preview for the first time. Noticed the music has been integrated into the store and there's no way to listen to music in the music app if it isn't already in your library. Is this how it's supposed to be? If so, not being able to browse music and listen to it on the fly is going to be a deal breaker.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It's just temporary. Once they finish it up, you can add/listen to music through the Explore section in the Music app. Browsing the store will only be for actually purchasing songs.

If you've used Windows 10 for desktop, the music app will function the same way in terms of the Music Pass.

kelidus

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info. As much as I'm liking most of the changes, the music is a large part of my usage. So I guess I'll be reverting for now.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info. As much as I'm liking most of the changes, the music is a large part of my usage. So I guess I'll be reverting for now.

The workaround for this is to use your Xbox, Windows 8 PC or even the Xbox music site too add music to playlists and they'll show up in the app. I'm not too happy with it either and I don't know why they removed the legacy app if they didn't have that section done yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234