My Win 10 Mobile 10149 Icon Experience

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I took the plunge tonight to try this out. I started the upgrade and let it sit. Check it about 90 minutes later (I got engulfed in Batman Arkham Knight)... and my phone was up. I then went to ABOUT - Reset to do a hard reset like I have been reading....

its bricked.

Power on to gears and then after 30 seconds or so I get the :-( and it shuts off.
Tried holding VOL down and plugging in the pwr cord to go through those resets but it just keeps power cycling itself.

Downloading the recovery tool now. Hope this works.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
This seems to be a common issue with this build during hard resets. It happened to me after my second reset, resulting in the same situation you're in.

Just be warned that the WPRT won't detect your phone, so you'll need to cycle through the boot sequence while pressing the button until you get it to recognize. It seems like you have to catch it at the right time for it to work, so it may take a few tries. There's several posts on this forum about it this issue.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
thank goodness. recovery tool worked and a small download took it back to 8.1. i was worried there a moment.

call me stupid but trying it again... gulp.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
2 of my 3 hard resets were successful, so it may just be a matter of a small chance you experience this issue. I definitely wouldn't hard reset more than you need to though.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was up unitil 2 am playing around with it. Had it on my charging stand and when I got up this morning it was @20% battery... like it wasn't chargin at all. Got it to do a hard reset and it came up good. Played with it some more this morning but just went back to 8.1 again. Not being able to have access to Office 365 small business mail in outlook is a huge testing breaker for me. I could have lived with the other issues but not that one.

At least they made it easy to roll back. It takes longer to restore my 8.1 backup that it was to re flash the current OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire