How can I get into my phone?

Alin Velea

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Can't unlock phone

Hello,
I updated my Lumia 520 from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything was fine till it installed. After the install was complete, the clock on my lock screen appeared after 3-4 minutes and if i try to unlock my phone it doesn't show keys, it freezes and then it restarts. I tried to let the phone like 6-7 hours but that didn't work. I also tried Volume Down + Power keys combination, it restarted but again, nothing.
P.S.: I can't acces my notifications (if i swap down nothing happens)

Edit: Now i can acces action center, but if still can't acces the phone. When keys should appear, the phone freezes and restarts.

Last edited:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, it works now. So.. should i try to reinstall Windows 10?

It might work properly now, you never know - it's beta software.
It's super easy to revert back to 8.1 with LSRT/WPRT tools.

Personally I've tried build .10136, and decided not to try W10 again until August. I need stability and reliability, as 930 is my daily driver.

It's your choice :)

Alin Velea

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't unlock phone

Sorry for double post.
For these guys who want Windows 10 on low end devices: it works just fine. I used it all day long, after a very long wait till it installed (i think ~ 1h), first time it was laggy, for 2-3 minutes but after that everything worked very good.
I'm using Lumia 520, updated from Windows Phone 8.1 directly to WP 10, latest build.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750