Problem upgrading from 8.1 to 10149 Lumia 1520

Ekamek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Remember, this is not a final OS as in Android 5.x or even 4.x. Reinstalling WP8.1 doesn't cause the phone to over heat and everyone accepted the risk of installing a beta software. As much as I have reservations from the beginning and putting the phone in the refrigerator too, it's a precaution so the battery doesn't deplete much faster because of the heat. If the final OS continues to make phones overheat, then compare WP10 to Android. Until then, we are all taking the risk that is clearly stated.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It happened after rollback to 8.1 too, when installing some updates after RTM was flashed and yes I let the phone cool down before proceeding. Luckily I was able to break a reboot loop, turn off the phone, let it cool down and turn it on again and finish the 8.1 update.

Ekamek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a 1520 too and these are the steps I took:

1. WPRT to WP8.1
2. Use default setting throughout
3. Install updates for pre-installed apps (minus carrier apps that I removed first before updating)
4. Phone auto download update for WP8.1 but I didn't install it until all apps were updated/removed
5. Restarted the phone to complete Extra info, motion, network+ settings
6. Download Windows Insider (can be done after installing WP8.1 update)
7. Installed WP8.1 update
8. Accessed and Configured phone for Insider program/rebooted
9. Downloaded WP10 (OS Version 10.0.12648.133) build 10149
10. Installed new preview OS and have been using it since then on daily driver.

Note: It's a beta OS and yes, there are bugs but it works as design at this stage.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So putting the phone into the fridge actually worked. This time I removed the SD card, because somebody wrote it helped, too. So it was for about 2 minutes in the freezer and for the rest in the fridge, about 20-30 minutes, if anybody is interested :p The screen went black with only the buttons on and then I realised it's because of the missing migration screen, I use another app to manage the lock screen and because it was not installed yet, the screen was black. It actually works nice without a hard reset, too. I may do this later if I have problems. It's all a bit slow, loading, starting, if something pinned to the start screen crashes, it helps to unpin it and pin it back. One of my frequently used apps still does not work, so I'll keep it for a week, check if the hard reset helps and if not, go back. But I like what I see.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the build prior to 10149, I was able to install the 10149 with no problems, however several apps that
come with the phone won't open (Camera, People, and Photo) for example. The message that appears:
Uninstall and try buying the app, then try it again. I tried with photo app and still get the same error. I'm wondering when the next build will be available.

Last edited:

OlafGU

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
This is what I did -

1. Flashed Indian ROM (from HK)
2. Didn't restore anything.
3. Deleted all 3rd party apps.
4. Installed Preview for Developers.
5. Completed all updates.
6. Installed Windows Insider and selected Fast Ring.
7. Downloaded build 10049.
8. When installation started (gears screen), put the phone in the refrigerator. It got to 100% after about 30 minutes and got stuck. Removed SD card and installation completed successfully!

when stuck, are u remove the battery or what else?, because when I try it, the process is about 100% and I remove the battery, when I turn it on again the gear showed up again and boom, my phone turn off again, when I turning back on, it just same

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
when stuck, are u remove the battery or what else?, because when I try it, the process is about 100% and I remove the battery, when I turn it on again the gear showed up again and boom, my phone turn off again, when I turning back on, it just same

I have a 1520. The battery can't be removed. I just removed the SD card.

MK Shatnawi

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Tried installing the tech preview ( slow and fast rings ) on my 1520 more than 5 times.
First time did it on my phone as it is, no hard reset, stack in the update loop.
Second time, the same.
Third/forth and fifth time, i tried flashing 8.1 updated it , no apps installed only system updates, 2/3 stack in the update loop again and the fifth although the battery was at 100% when i started the updated , the battery died during the update and stuck in the charging - updating loop.

I cannot understand how MS pushes such **** to slow ring , and how this web page recommends updating to it.
The update is virtually impossible.
I'll stick to 8.1 for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos