Phone got stuck in a boot loop, how can I fix it?

GAMiEE

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Phone got boot loop, cannot nothing..

Heya,

I got Lumia 820 with the newest Windows 10 Build 10149 . I had a PIN password Lock Screen, but when i writed that, its do nothing lol. So i get idea to hard reset a phone. So i restarted phone, go to ! mode, but i pressed wrong buttons. -+-(POWER)- . But, its something do! So, i little waited, its goes do a Update, so i waited... At the end its just write on a black screen a SAD smiley ( : - ( ). Its not be a BSOD smiley.. So, i decided to try hard reset (with good keys) but i cannot go to ! mode. When at startup i holding a MINUS button, its just still looping at NOKIA logo. When i unrelease, its reset again and go to do a bad upgrade. So, i decided to use Lumia Recovery Tool. So i waited to shutdown phone (by ending with : - ( ) and connected by USB with a Lumia Recovery Tool. PHone woken, PC says is connected NOKIA BOOTMGR, but application nothing detected... Then device disconnected and again a update.. So phone cannot a CHARGING (doh) and is just bricked... What to do now?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone got boot loop, cannot nothing..

Here is how I got my L520 and L830 back from a boot loop and frowny face. Start the latest Windows Phone recovery tool on your PC. Your phone needs to be off. Click on "My phone was not detected", click on Lumia until you get "Waiting for connection". Connect your phone to the PC. It will boot and the recovery tool should pick it up and offer the latest rom on server to be installed. If you get "Device could not be found", try to reboot while the phone is still connected to the PC. I had to try this a few times sometimes to get it to work.

​good luck

Izzmox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

I installed windows 10 on my Lumia 920 and got the continuous boot. I did what Derausgewanderte said and it reinstalled perfectly.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

About to give these methods a try thanks guys currently with this issue on my 640

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire