Xbox music pass on Windows phone 10

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I've just downloaded windows 10 to my Lumia 1520...build 10149.

It's pretty stable and seems to be working well, however the new baked in music app doesn't appear to link to my Xbox music streaming subscription. The only option to add new music to my library is to head to the store and buy it.... which kinda defeats the object of having a ?9.99 a month streaming service.

Is Xbox streaming built into the new music app?

MOSJ

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget to log it your account (it's not automatic like in WP8.1). Go to the music app, press the hamburguer and tap "sign in".

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Adding new music with a Music Pass subscription isn't yet enabled for the music app in WP. After it's added in later, you'll be able to add streaming music through the Explore tab in the music app, with the new Store used to actually purchase the music rather than add to your streaming library. That means until they enable it, you'll have to add new music to your library by using the desktop music app, or adding it through the Xbox Music website/.

If you've used Windows 10 for PC, it'll function the same way through the Explore tab.

Christopher Senn1

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
cant use the music service Im paying for and use daily?
Damn well there goes my excitement for this build. Time to rollback.
And here I was enjoying the changes

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all comments and help above.

Yip, it would seem that music streaming hasn't been activated yet. In fairness W10 Phone is still a beta platform so hiccups like this are part of the preview journey.

I can still stream and create playlists on my Surface Pro 3 Xbox music app, which syncs flawlessly with the Windows 10 Phone music app, so it's not a totally lost cause, although it's not the most efficient way of using the streaming service.

wheat100

May 31, 2014
Visit site
You can use it just fine by streaming and downloading, you just can't add new songs to your library by your phone.

Please explain. Cause I certainly can't stream or download after I went to the windows 10 technical preview. Only purchase, like the original poster said. I don't think there is a fix yet...if so please explain what it is. Thanks!

wheat100

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Xbox Music subscription started working for me on 10149. Entire collection synced no problem. Even stored OneDrive music syncs.

Yes, my collection synced as well....the issue is when you want to access a new song from the Store. There seems to be no way to stream it or download it; one can only purchase it. At least that the way it seem to be working for me. And that's a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos