Edge browser in background

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone notice that edge browser now supports playing audio in the background ?

I'm on the youtube mobile website and playing videos but when i leave the website and hit the start button, the audio continues to play.

Is this a bug or a feature ? Either way i like it !

I tried this over and over with youtube and it continues to work. Idk about other sites though. But when i switch tabs the music stops. I'm on build 10149 lumia 930 if that helps.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It's a feature. It was listed as one of the new Edge features on the Windows 10 desktop build 10158 from yesterday. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but there are several cases where it would be useful.

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It appears to be both a bug and a feature lol. It doesn't always work. I can't get plain audio to work at all in the background. I hope they add it like they did in the desktop version.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
That's too bad, that's the thing i would actually use it for: Streaming audio. Maybe that's coming with background downloads later.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I was able to stream audio from sound cloud and leave the browser to go to another app with the audio still playing. YouTube didn't work like that but I'm noticing when I click YouTube links they open in the mytube app

Nikolai Kuzbanovsky

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Do all of you have this feature? Do you know how to make this work all the time?
On my L535 it works about 30% of the times, and it is a pitty because listening to youtube music while running etc is amazing!!
Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte