W10 Insider Preview short Demo on HP Stream 7

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
:smile:hi guys, just recorded a short video demo of Windows 10 build 10162 on my HP Stream 7. Sorry that the video was recorded on a dark room. I'll do it better next time :) BTW: video was recorded using Lumia 535 w/ latest Windows 10 Mobile build. Default Camera app w/ digital video stabilization enabled.

WP_20150705_09_41_37_Pro_(2)[1].jpg

:smile:

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
battery so far looks same... still get more juice when speaker is set to 0 or mute. :)
yes, build is pretty responsive for Stream 7. There still some bugs though using tablet mode. Start would not respond after login. but swiping action center will activate it..not always, but seems a bug.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
How did you get it installed? I'm trying to do it through Windows Update since I don't have a USB OTG adapter, and Windows Update isn't picking it up after running the little application from the Insider site

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
How did you get it installed? I'm trying to do it through Windows Update since I don't have a USB OTG adapter, and Windows Update isn't picking it up after running the little application from the Insider site

sorry for the late reply.. were you able to install it already? just make sure you have 5gb available space when updating through windows update.. thats the only i was able to install it..

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. My son has the Stream 7, but he was a little cautious about test driving W10 on it.

i'm not going to say that Win10 is awesome for Stream 7 at this point... still in preview anyway..but i could say that win10 is pretty fast on my stream 7.. multi tasking seems just fine. just one noticeable hicupp is start seems to lag a bit when coming from lock state...

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
were you able to install it already? just make sure you have 5gb available space when updating through windows update..

Ya, I finally got it to update, but not through Windows Update. Had to do it with the ISO, and just in time before they took it down :p

I had like 16GB free. I never found out why it didn't pick it up

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Installed it on my stream as well. Not too bad. There are things that Microsoft needs to get added from Windows Phone yet that bug me. Splitting Outlook accounts, Battery Tile, People Hub Facebook photo integration, ect. All those are pretty minor though.

I did not do a clean install.

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have 10240 on my HP Stream 7, and it is really working very nicely. Something I find interesting is that all the WiFi issues that I have on it when running Windows 8.1 no longer exist. WiFi have been working reliably for me since I installed the Windows 10 tech preview. It is not a very fast WiFi adapter, but at least it no longer drop the connection as it used to do under Windows 8.1.

To me, it is not blazing fast on the Stream 7, but it is still quite responsive. It is also helping me getting used to Windows 10's Tablet Mode. Works different to Windows 8.1, but I started to like it once I got used to it.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
To those running 10240, did you upgrade from an ESD/ISO? Or were you an insider before the program was paused and got there through updates?

Is it Home/Pro 32bit/64bit?

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I was already an insider and used the ISO before the program was paused. Windows update didn't work for me from 8.1 to 10 Preview.

​Home 32bit

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting froi Francisco! I have (2) of these HP tablets and was concerned about performance of WinX on them until I saw your video. I'm going to go for it ASAP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720