Tip for smooth experience in 10149

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I found something interesting that will improve the experience in 10149... For these in the US, if you don't need Cortana, set the region to UK. Needs to reboot the phone to download the UK English. I found to be more stable and less buggy.

sweeperdk

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh how I wish I could have a functioning Cortana... But being danish and in Denmark, it really isn't an option at this point.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Times like these I'm glad I have TWO phones and I didn't just throw everything to the dogs and download a technical preview onto both of them like only a gibbon would do. I still have Cortana on my daily driver.:D

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've got access to Cortana and my phone is set to English UK in both region and speech settings. However I doubt I will ever get used to that posh accent, I have so tried but it just makes my skin crawl.

The very same reaction you get when you scratch chalk on a blackboard....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Times like these I'm glad I have TWO phones and I didn't just throw everything to the dogs and download a technical preview onto both of them like only a gibbon would do. I still have Cortana on my daily driver.:D

I like having Cortana keeping up with those things that slip through the crack on my daily grind. Just tell it to remind me to get meds from the drug store when I get near Wal-Greens because its near where I get gas and there goes my reminder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss