Low-Mid range Chinese Androids are threats to Windows 10 mobile?

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you are from Asian countries, you might be familiar of spotting devices from lots of Chinese makers such as Xiaomi, Coolpad, Huawei, Lenovo etc., All these devices has flagship level specs at mid range budget. Will Windows 10 Mobiles stick against such competition? because as a WP user from 3 years, I know that we don't need large amount of RAM or Octa-Deca core processor to keep things running smooth on a WP. But many of my friends are behind specs game, if they see any device with higher specs, they consider it as superior no matter who is the maker. Adding to this flash sales on e-commerce sites creates fake hype for the devices(they advertise it like xxx device sold xxxxxxx units in x seconds), in my opinion Lumia or any WP should boost such gimmicky specs and gimmicky marketing to fetch customers atleast in Indian Subcontinent. I previously convinced many of friends to get Lumia, but now they have jumped off the bandwagon. Not because they had bad experience with Lumia, instead they are going behind the trend, the flashy specs of these devices attracts them very much, they hardly care about after sales services. I also think giving space for others(than lumia) to make Windows 10 Mobile is a welcome move, if these star Chinese android makers(xiaomi, coolpad etc.,) can bring WP at low-mid range with same stellar specs, then there might be chance I believe, I would like to know your opinion.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Completely agree with you. WP doesn't have a chance competing with those dead cheap Chinese phone. MS would never want to lower their profit margin, so the only logical option would be to have those Chinese OEM sell WP for even cheaper price. Which would not ever happen if WP isn't popular yet in the first place by making Lumia devices become cheaper. It's a never ending circle, hope the latest Satya's decision for streamlining MS mobile division brings some change, and hope they settle the deal with MediaTek too.

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
2 years back I recommended Lumia 520 to my friends blindfoldedly, because back then it was such a great device which took against any Android available at that moment. Now I can't do that that even with a Lumia 640 - which I consider one of the best Microsoft phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6