Changing sounds for sms and email

bbhybridchris

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to set the notification sounds in this latest preview build? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places? Thanks in advance!

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to set the notification sounds in this latest preview build? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places? Thanks in advance!
Settings > System > Notifications > scroll down touch the name of the app you want to change the sound on

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I was able to change my sms sounds that way

lmXexUK.jpg

Fq9ie4O.jpg

Last edited:

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
After upgrade there was only an entry with a GUID there, which I recognised as a messaging by the assigned ringtone. After hard reset and not restoring the backup it was gone. One can at least assign a ringtone to a contact, which works. If I do not assign it, I get no notification when a text message arrives, apparently there's no default ringtone for messaging. So if there's somebody important in your contacts, you better set their individual ringtone.

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Holy crap! Sedp23 is right. I couldn't find it to save my life yesterday. I even posted (along with a ton of other people) an issue to the Windows Feedback app. Thanks man!

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have Messaging there now, too, and I can set the ringtone, it wasn't there before. I think they realised the problem and released an update of the settings that added the option.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720