Groove music app frozen completely

James Kehoe1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
The groove music app was working. At some point selecting an artist would freeze the app but I could still switch to other options in the menu. The album selection did the same, so I tried to open a song from 'songs'. Now the app is totally frozen at that screen with no songs showing. It stays that way when I reset the phone and when I close/reopen.
Is there someway I can fix this issue? Or is there someway I cam reinstall/reset the app?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
James

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The app stays frozen even when you conduct a soft reset on your phone? That sounds like an OS bug rather than an app specific bug, as resetting your phone would reset your apps.
If you're on the Insider Preview, you should be willing to conduct a hard reset on your device. A hard reset is recommended after installing these kinds of builds anyways as it sorts out a lot of bugs and stability issues.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
What kind of data would I Iose?

It would restore the phone to factory settings. Meaning you'd lose all data. If you're worried about losing data conduct a backup first from settings.
However, to be perfectly honest, if you're worried about losing important data it means you installed the Insider Preview on the wrong phone. Insider Previews can and usually will go wrong. Sometimes in small ways, sometimes in big ways. Don't ever put unreleased pre-alpha builds on a phone you can't afford to lose.
Besides, a hard reset is recommended anyways after installing such a build.

James Kehoe1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Yea, I installed the beta fast ring before like 6 months ago or something to see what I was like. I reinstalled to 8.1 and forgot about it. When I woke up two days ago it was installing. I think I'm just going to do the recovery tool and go back to 8.1 and from there update back to this Os. I won't lose any data that way.
Unless, of course somebody has a easier fix

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having problems with music app!? Don't know why but it refuse to play some songs that worked just fine on WP8?!'

View attachment 107976 View attachment 107977

I gave up on Music app, it screwed up my entire music library, don't know why but I lost tags on lot of songs and to make it even worse I lost some songs as well, not to mention that it refuse to play more than 50% of the songs that works just fine with 3rd players or if you run it from file explorer. So finally I delete all music from the phone, upload it again, install first music player that appeared in the store 'QuickPlay' and have no problems anymore, and now I'm not going to even touch music shortcut until the next update...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss