Forcing Conversation View is a Show Stopper

Cloudscout#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the direction that things are heading for Windows 10 but I'm increasingly worried that one major flaw is actually "by design" and that Microsoft may not have any plans to change it.

I absolutely HATE Conversation View in email. I get it... I know that there are people who like it, but I'm not one of those people. I want my emails in chronological order. So far, though, the "Outlook" client in Windows 10 for phones (and the Mail app in the desktop version) does not give you the ability to turn off Conversation View. Google forced that "feature" on users of their Gmail app for iOS and Android a while back... a decision that weighed heavily in my decision to switch to Windows Phone in the first place.

I have been using Windows Phones for well over 3 years now and I've been testing the Windows 10 preview builds since the program started but I will switch to iPhone if they insist on "Pulling a Google" here.

sosuok

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Cloudscout, I was very disappointed in the conversation view as well but after playing around for a bit I figured out who to go back to chronological order. Turn the phone sideways into landscape view, the preview of the messages then slides to the right and below the folder list appears a "gear" icon that allows you to change the settings. You can change each account individually here so for me I had to fix this in 4 different emails accounts but now I'm really liking things in this latest build. Have started using it on my primary device, 830.

Scratch that, it gives you options but no way to change the conversation mode.

Last edited:

bcr8tiv

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't agree more!! Conversation view is an absolute disaster waiting to happen in business related emails. I haven't found any way to turn it off after 6 hours of doing multiple internet searches and checking forums. What makes matters worse, I have not been able to find a reasonable email alternative for my Windows Phone using Build 10162 in the store. Much of what is there is Russian which gives me security concerns right away.

If Microsoft continues trying to ram this dysfunctional function down Windows Phone users' throats, it will be time at long last to abandon the platform and go to iPhone and either the 6Plus or one of the new products being announced in September!! MICROSOFT - WAKE UP & LISTEN TO YOUR INSIDERS WHO HATE THIS FUNCTION!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Count me in amongst those that dislike Conversations.

I already sent feedback but just like the ugly round profile pictures I don't have high hopes. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium