Install of 10162 stucks on "one moment please" screen

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have W10TP on my SP3 since January and now it was the time to install it on my main computer - or so I thought. I downloaded the .iso of build 10162 and installed it via USB stick. No problems during installation, until after the reboot and after asking for a key, which I skipped, it get stuck on a screen which says "one moment please". (In the photo it says "Einen Moment bitte", because I tried to install the german version)

My first try was yesterday and I waited for abou 6 or 7 hours, but then this "one moment" seemed over for me and I pushed the shutdown button on my pc. After a restart it again went into the "one moment please" screen, but just for a minute or less and afterwards another screen appeared, which says " Critical Error - The menu "Start" and "Cortana don't work. We try to fix the problem until your next logon." (I translated it from my german screen). All I could do was clicking on the "logout now" button of the error message. This brought back the "one moment please" screen for a minute and then again the critical error.

I tried to reinstall and now I'm stuck again on the "one moment please" screen. Has anyone had the same problem and can help me? It would be a nightmare for MS, if such a bug occurs with the release version...

Thanks for your help!

WP_20150710_07_00_54_Pro.jpg WP_20150710_07_05_29_Pro.jpg

watchaa

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem on my laptop (one moment please...)
If I push ctrl alt del, I can reach the desktop with an error message box "start menu and Cortana don't work"
I solved the problem when I switched off the computer manually (physically) and reboot.
That happened 2 times on 2 different windows installations and solved the problem same way.
Good luck

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Wow, thank you very much watchaa!
I tries manually rebooting myself, but only two times. It worked after the fourth reboot without any problems. Thanks again!

agapanthus

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I rebooted, then at "one moment please" pressed ctrl alt del, got into a screen saying "log on as default user", clciked on "sign in to another domain" and eventually got through it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss