BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed with this build is punctuation works when sending text messages using your voice. If you ask a question with your voice in a text message, the text message adds a question mark. Or if listing something like hamburgers, hotdogs and fruit, it ads the commas between. Also nice is if you don't take a long time between comments, it automatically begins a new sentence. That is really nice. Now maybe its not new but its new to me.

kalintzis

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
For me no problem except photo upload to onedrive. 10166 is smooth, no overheating even wit charging. All other apps working including here maps and here drive.
this is the first everyday build for me. (my phone is 640 LTE.)

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
SD card problem, I've installed some apps in sd card, SD card is installed even shows in storage sense, but those apps are unavailable, can anyone help.

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, after hard resetting twice (with a complete format of the SD card the second time), this build is showing some real potential. Granted, there are still bugs, but the performance on my 1520 is great with this build.

Few bugs:

1) Phone app always shows one missed call
2) The Microsoft app tiles are going blank at times (Outlook, Maps, etc). Have to unpin them and pin them again.
3) The Store still needs great working.
4) Glance screen options missing in settings.
5) Here apps unavailable

1) Call yourself from some other phone and reject the call, that should remove that one missed call
2) Try resizig the tile a few times, that works for me

jval88

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have found a workaround for this issue: pin your unavailable apps on the Start Screen and it can be opened again. If you reboot and it becomes unavailable again, just repin the app. The system takes time in reading the apps on the SD Card on the past two builds that I have used.

Hannes Wiedenhofer

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey,
I updated from the previous build to 10166. I couldn't open any apps besides the standard MS apps. So I did a hard reset. The gears appear and at about the half of the progress bar I get the :-( screen and the phone shuts down. Any solutions to this? I don't want to use the recovery tool to get back to 8.1 because my internet connection is very slow and it would take hours

zandos

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Improvements on Lumia 930
Cortana reminders work like a charm now. Even if cellular data is off location reminders work great. Battery drain also reduced significantly!

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Bug: Inside system and batter saver,I can't open change background app settings for battery use. It just takes me back n to the start screen.Anyone else have this.Im on 640 after hard reset

To update this: Seems to happen about 75% of the time

Last edited:

melodia

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Came from WP 8.1 to build 10149, no hard reset. Now straight to build 10166, again, no hard reset needed and it works like a charm. W10 in daily use with Lumia 930.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've noticed with this build is punctuation works when sending text messages using your voice. If you ask a question with your voice in a text message, the text message adds a question mark. Or if listing something like hamburgers, hotdogs and fruit, it ads the commas between. Also nice is if you don't take a long time between comments, it automatically begins a new sentence. That is really nice. Now maybe its not new but its new to me.

Was there in first build. Neat feature over 8.1

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to add google mail account and yahoo mail account in this build, I've installed technical preview first time, its awesome and I am using Lumia 730, but please help me with adding other accounts too. Thanks in advance

Use the hamburger button in Outlook Mail. Then settings or accounts.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Build 10166 works great o my Lumia 930 except for one major flaw: Picture quality is much worse than on 8.1 with Denim. Way more noise and other artifacts. Back to 8.1 for me as this is a deal-breaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs