BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

Dizzymash

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One still looks to be missing double tap to wake in this build and my Mobile hotspot is not working. The previous build had the same issues.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The scaling issue appears to be resolved. I'm on an HTC One and I'm trying to hit it with everything that appeared to render strangely in the last build because of scaling and it looks much better.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Video recording OK now. Photo album still not much improve. Where is other folder in picture? Difficult to search picture for background. Need to scroll down looooooooooong.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Video recording OK now. Photo album still not much improve. Where is other folder in picture? Difficult to search picture for background. Need to scroll down looooooooooong.

Can you set a picture from your photo collection as the lock screen image? I still don't see an option but I could be missing something.

Kindforce

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue with my L 1520. The start screen won't load. Just keeps looping the loading screen. I can access the settings and so on but not the start screen. Amy ideas?

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Store bug with stuck apps fixed. I had 10 stuck ones and they all installed.

Flashing Quiet Hours notification working now​

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
OneDrive camera uploading still broken. Was a huge loss for me when this broke in the last build. Really surprised it wasn't fixed in this one(or even mentioned that they broke it except for all the forum posts where it doesn't work for users). Everything else is light years better. This would be the first version I would recommend for someone to upgrade to as their daily driver.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My 520 keeps looping. Downloads install and during preparation it goes to resuming and it stays there till it reboots. I'm just letting it do that in circles so Microsoft can collect any data they need.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I can. Go to all setting>personalization > lock screen > background > set picture. Then select your picture.

Thanks, but I meant from within the photo app itself. Similar to the way you could touch and hold a picture from within your collection while browsing form the photo app and the option to "set as lock screen background" would appear. I'm not seeing a way to do that.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been stuck downloading on 0% for over 2 hours now on my 925, are there any solutions, other than a hard reset? Btw, I'm on build 10149.

Edit: Right after I posted this, it jumped to 100% nevermind.

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
looks like waiting is required. 520, 635 and 920 downloaded and installed "insider fast configuration update ; ." twice before being offered new build 10166. still waiting on that to download.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I meant from within the photo app itself. Similar to the way you could touch and hold a picture from within your collection while browsing form the photo app and the option to "set as lock screen background" would appear. I'm not seeing a way to do that.
Cannot. Photo apps is a mess.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Cannot. Photo apps is a mess.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I swear, the verge has even turned Tom Warren into an anti-windows jerk. Last two builds he tweets out that it basically sucks and can't be used as a daily. Bs. Maybe for some but many it works just fine. He replied to me saying he gave up on windows phone months ago. This is the guy the verge has covering Windows Phone. Unreal

vandal4e

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
installed fine on lumia 640, sadly nothing major is fixed, all apps on sd card not working, although sd card is clearly working for listening to music(doh?) this is gonna be a no go for limited storage devices

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss