BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
After few hours on intensive testing I can only say it is much faster and les buggy and the only serious problem that I noticed so far is the endless start screen loading after changing the live tile transparency it continues even after restart and the only way is to disable wallpaper completely load start and than try again. Anyone else with such issue? It happened to me couple of times...

BTW: Edge also seams faster and there is no more bug with wrong rendering of mobile sites such as Facebook mobile and similar...

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After few hours on intensive testing I can only say it is much faster and les buggy and the only serious problem is the endless start screen loading after changing the live tile transparency it continues even after restart and the only way is to disable wallpaper completely load start and than try again.
Edge also seams faster and there is no more bug with wrong rendering of mobile sites such as Facebook mobile and similar...
What phone are you running it on?

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes, one more thing I noticed is that photo app now loads new photos faster than before although not fast enough, there is still quite annoying wait before newly captured or downloaded photo appears in collection. Unfortunately there is still no proper albums support, neither in the app itself or in the system, for example if you want to change start screen background you can't simply hit the wallpaper album, instead we are forced through couple of hundred of photos sorted by date ... quite irritating issue if you ask me :D

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Last but not the least, there is finally loading progress bar in edge browser, something that I missed so much in previous build, now you know that you pressed link correctly and that something is going to happen :D :D It also now properly downloads some archives that I put online for testing purpose and wasn't able to get on the previous build..

wp_ss_20150711_0009.png
Notice the blue progress line at the bottom, above the address bar :)

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Apps are not updating in store. They are stuck.
No such problems here, just updated 9 apps without a single problem..
1d33b6a8b62a80f0c450f362c289139a.png

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Installed on my 1520. Gears took forever, seemed stuck near the end. Finally got out of it, then took forever again ("migrating data, this will be awesome, trust us .. step 1/24"). Finally got to the lock screen, punched in the unlock code.... black screen .. "resuming". Great! I have yet to see a single tile, it's like the start screen 'app' crashes over and over again. Action center works unless it's interrupted by a start screen crash. Well, at least Cortana works:

thinking.jpg

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Finally got to the lock screen, punched in the unlock code.... black screen .. "resuming". Great! I have yet to see a single tile, it's like the start screen 'app' crashes over and over again.
After few hours on intensive testing I can only say it is much faster and les buggy and the only serious problem that I noticed so far is the endless start screen loading after changing the live tile transparency it continues even after restart and the only way is to disable wallpaper completely load start and than try again. Anyone else with such issue? It happened to me couple of times......
So it seams I'm not alone, unresponsive and buggy start screen with occasional crashing and resuming is my main problem for now...

7c38f5bdd22a017a7d940335e8d96fd9.png

It displays no icons sometimes...
014228fdd88b7a93cc368c7a6dbd90bf.png

Or fail to draw some of them here and there and also there is no way to get animation on the people or group tile...

mrcosmo

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

So i just downloaded and installed THE new version but most Apps Will open but stop. I throught i delete them and reinstall but THE store also stops working. Anyone know hoe 2 fix this?

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

So i just downloaded and installed THE new version but most Apps Will open but stop. I throught i delete them and reinstall but THE store also stops working. Anyone know hoe 2 fix this?

I have no such problems with apps neither with a store, hard reset and fresh start should fix it IMO...
564bb75a6dd0803be72fd06a3ebb5355.png

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Same here on L920, it just keeps getting better and better. I'm surprised everything can be so damn fast on a 920, have high hopes for win 10 mobile!

Yep, as I sadi elsewhere, I'm truly surprised how faster, fluid and more responsive is this build comparing to 149...

terrence gorah

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
i have it on a l625 took less than 15 minutes for the download than about an hour for installing. seems to be running quite well, not heating up like 10149

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea