BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

joseph2023

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
my front camera seems to not work, and my main camera is getting this error "Something went wrong, if you need it, here's the error code: 0x200F4246(0xE8010014), please help me about thie guys. everything is working fine except my camera...im using a lumia 1020.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
my front camera seems to not work, and my main camera is getting this error "Something went wrong, if you need it, here's the error code: 0x200F4246(0xE8010014), please help me about thie guys. everything is working fine except my camera...im using a lumia 1020.

Hard reset

joseph2023

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
this doesnt help, i have already done this method so many times after i updated to w10 preview and also downgrade to 8.1 and still my front facing camera doesnt work.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
This build is rather smooth besides the random start screen "resuming" bug that crops up from time to time. Also I've noticed that folder creation on the start screen is unavailable at the time or at least for me om my Lumia 920.

Quethrosar

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a lot of apps that don't have live tiles working.
accuewether
ms health if it has one
apodviewer7pro
groove music

also make sure if you use groove music you don't just delete songs from the storage card. you need to delete from the app.

I miss teamviewer a lot.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So new to W10M, having issues with some app installation. The main problem is getting IM+ to install, getting an error code of 0x803f8001. Brief searches have said to use the old Store app, but it's not in my app list, and IDK that it's even around. I also had an issue where Accuweather was on my phone, but not on my app list. I'd have to launch it from its Store listing. Going into the storage settings and deleting the app from there solved that problem.

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been able to update my lumia 735. It stays on downloading but no more than 0%. I have restarted my phone several times with no successful results. I just gave up

wp8hereicome

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After stuck in the downloading stage for 1 day, finally managed to get 10166 on my L720. Looks smoother and the store actually works for me now. However, data sense and battery saver live tiles are both gone. I can pin the data usage and battery saver setting icons to the main screen but no more life tiles, or I just have not figure it out yet. Anyone have the same issue?

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Using Lumia 830 India
Updated from build 10136
At first glance
Best ever build for windows insiders Good
1. Much smoother animation, better app opening
2. Text message now appear in action centre
3. Battery saver and storage sense have better control over third party apps
3. Files downloaded by certain third party apps (WhatsApp etc.) and photos taken by Windows Mobile camera are now saved in to SD card.
4. Can create live folders
5. Better lock screen info updation ( for third party apps like 'lockmix')
6. Can assign notification sounds
7. Can open pdf files
8. ' store' app working better
Bad
1. Certain apps still crashing(truecaller etc.)
2. Application opening problem for certain apps(in my case - easy transfer, metro file manager etc.)
3. ' Mobile hotspot' quick action toggle suffers certain hiccups
4. Ringtone assignment for contacts- still not working
5. Can't download Language keyboard
6. Live tile updation for some third party apps(like Wunderlist) doesn't happen
7. Poor Word suggestion in keyboard(using Indian English)
8. Word flow keyboard is not there for certain apps( edge browser, store etc.)
All these bugs are not serious unless you need a local language keyboad

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
This is my 2nd Win10 Mobil TP build. I previously installed the very first build, where I had to roll back due to infamous PIN bug. I gave up for a while and installed build 10166 on Saturday.
The OS is shaping very nicely. There are some features or re-vamped UI I dont like, but I am still expecting UI changes once functionality of core OS features is locked.
All in all, it works great on my daily driver (L925). I didnt do hard reset, it works fine after updating from WP8.1.1 update2

Some features still not working properly, but nothing major:
Outlook notifications not working
Outlook tile not updating
Start screen background cannot be changed
Lockscreen cannot be changed manually

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Start screen background cannot be changed
This is strange issue, start screen customization usually works just fine, the only problem is this so called endless loading issue that appears from time to time....

Lockscreen cannot be changed manually
Using Lockmix and I have no problems at all, except battery indicator and notification part which is quite buggy

Kedare

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I have no way to add any text prediction languages or cortana languages, all the downloads fail, I did a factory reset before... Do you have the same issue ?

"Reinstall Windows Insider app and re-subscribe to fast ring, problem will be solved. I had the same issue." : Trying this... ----> Working fine, Thank you ! :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss