Glance screen in Windows 10 mobile 10166

Shaoor Munir

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The build is working perfectly on my Lumia 820. The only problem is that glance screen is not listed in the extras setting. I can open it through the store listing and enable it and all but it is not showing in the settings. Anyone else facing this problem?

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I did on the previous build only if I did a hard reset after updating. It would seem that you need to download it sideload the glance screen app separately.

francesco25

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone! I have a big problem with glance. I updated my Lumia 620 from 10149 to 10166 and did a hard reset. Glance disappeared from settings after updating it through the store, but I managed to set it by opening it from the store. The problem is glance doesn't show notifications, even though there are on lockscreen. Am I the only one who has this problem?

scooby boom7

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
FIX: Yes it is already installed and as u mentioned its not listed in the settings.. but the good thing is u can open the settings directly from the store by pressing 'OPEN' and you can manage ur glance screen settings :)

scooby boom7

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
What's the issue? working for me...
Have you tried the same workaround but for glance background app? Try sysapp pusher, you'll find it ��

Yes but after selecting the app from sys app pusher it redirects me to the new store where it shows that the app is no longer available :(
PS: i am using the latest 10166 build

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I had glance yesterday. It didn't function very well. This morning I had a notice to restart my phone so I did & now I don't have it?? It does not show up in the store either.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had glance yesterday. It didn't function very well. This morning I had a notice to restart my phone so I did & now I don't have it?? It does not show up in the store either.
read the posts above carefully.
Apparently you updated from 8.1 or previous build and the Store updated glance screen on your phone. That's why it disappeared and wasn't working when it was still there.

You can access glance screen's settings via:
install sysapp pusher, scroll all the way down to glance, tap will invoke the store to download glance. It may initially say not available or already installed. Wait some time and it should allow you to download it after initially not available shows. You may have to update it and restart it first (was the case for me). when done do the same process again (sysapp pusher, tap on glance...) you will see that the store reports that glance screen is already installed. but now you can tap open within Store and you can change its settings.

purevibz

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The glance background app is missing from the store. Had my friend texted it to me but it wasn't listed in the store anymore. Other than that this is now my daily driver on my Lumia 830

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb