non-microsoft email not working in build 10166

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone,

i can't seem to get my gmail or yahoo accounts to work after getting those accounts set-up. initially they sync fine, but now i can't send or receive from either account. my outlook and work email (exchange) are both working fine.

any ideas??????????

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't even figure out how to add a Gmail/Yahoo email in the latest build.

Any suggestions, please?

when you're in the outlook mail app, tap the hamburger menu icon, then the settings gear in the lower right corner. then you should see a list of settings options -- the first one is 'accounts'. tap that and then you should be able to add accounts. that apparently don't work.

Pacific16

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey! many thanks for your help :)

I didn't even think of adding an account in the Outlook app. Thought its only meant for adding another MS account.

I added a Gmail account and it synced fine (not able to send/receive emails though). But to check the Gmail, I've to switch the accounts everytime in the Outlook app itself (from the hamburger menu). Seems there is no way to have separate Live Tiles for emails like WP8.1 :(

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey! many thanks for your help :)

I didn't even think of adding an account in the Outlook app. Thought its only meant for adding another MS account.

I added a Gmail account and it works fine. But to check the Gmail, I've to switch the accounts everytime in the Outlook app itself (from the hamburger menu). Seems there is no way to have separate Live Tiles for emails like WP8.1 :(

you can still pin individual accounts. when in the app, hit the hamburger menu button. then hit the heading (should be one of your email accounts with a < symbol next to it). from there you should see something with the heading 'all accounts'. from there, long press on an account and it'll give you an option to pin to start.

i'm assuming your gmail doesn't sync though?

Pacific16

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
you can still pin individual accounts. when in the app, hit the hamburger menu button. then hit the heading (should be one of your email accounts with a < symbol next to it). from there you should see something with the heading 'all accounts'. from there, long press on an account and it'll give you an option to pin to start.

i'm assuming your gmail doesn't sync though?

Many thanks! Finally have a Gmail tile, but with Outlook icon ;)

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Ha, I did not know about pinning the separate mailboxes, thanks. I have 3 accounts, IMAP, Gmail, and Exchange, each set-up after hard reset, they all still work after 6 hours.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
All of your email accounts are working? Are you on build 10166? What phone?
Yes, yes, L1520. Last time when I posted here I sent an email from one to another to check. Now I just synchronised them and for what it's worth there was no error. I'll check tomorrow if they still work.

ETA: I just sent 2 emails from each account to the other two and they all arrived as expected.

anon(8107566)

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem about the sync of gmail, i removed the account from phone and re added using outlook, and it works now, i am receiving emails again.

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks! Finally have a Gmail tile, but with Outlook icon ;)

....and guess what, the new Outlook mail update which got pushed today wiped the icons away! Now, it is an empty static tile showing only the name of your email account! :eck:

Also, upon receiving a non-Outlook email, you get notification in the Outlook mail tile versus that account tile on the Start screen! :shocked:

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
still no dice for me -- i've tried deleting/re-adding the account...hoped the mail/calendar app update would fix it, but no. i hope they can get it fixed soon!

IzsakiRobi

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi All!

I found a solution!

Delete gmail Acc, reboot phone, add gmail again, and!!! DO NOT TOUCH the gmail settings!!!
If set any option (sync time, picture download, etc...) gmail stop working.
If dont set any option in gmail settings, works fine for me 😊

Test 😉

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
For Gmail, one solution working for me is:

Make sure your smart phone is connected to Internet
Navigate to Settings -> email+accounts
Remove the existing Google account (if present)
Tap "add an account"
Tap "advanced setup"
Enter your gmail e-mail address
Enter your gmail password. If you are using Application-specific passwords with your Google account, generate and enter a new Application-specific password
Tap the "next" button
Select "Exchange ActiveSync"
Leave Domain empty
Enter Server "m.google.com"
Tap the "sign in" button (optionally set some further options, if needed)
Wait till the synchronization is finished (this could take up to half an hour if you have many contacts, e-mails, etc.)
All done :)

Im use for synchronize only contacts, and the original option not working all time crashin when change settings, im try this option and working 100% for me.

Sorry for my english, im from M?xico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234