How can I stop a notification bug in Windows 10 mobile 10166?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

windows 10 mobile 10166 ..notifications bug

i'm not getting any notifications regarding messages .......i manually checking ..weather messages coming r not...is it bug ..any one facing it?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows 10 mobile 10166 ..notifications bug

You might have to do a factory reset to get everything to work properly.. But if this is only concerning one app, then remove that app, soft reset, install it again and check :)

Vladimir Novotny

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue. My phone is after factory reset already, everything works except the messaging app (not messenger). No sound, notification when sms arrives. It is not possible to reinstall messaging app.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue. My phone is after factory reset already, everything works except the messaging app (not messenger). No sound, notification when sms arrives. It is not possible to reinstall messaging app.

Yes, im sorry, but it seems that some users are having this issue.. So far, however, no one has a solution for that. If this is a major issue for you, then you should consider going back to 8.1 for now and when the new build comes around, ask some of the users that have installed it if they have any issues, before you download the update :) Btw welcome to the forums :)

Matthew Bates2

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

I had a similar problem. The messaging notifications were working for about a day, then stopped working.

Here is how I fixed it:

1) made a backup
2) factory reset (Reset My Phone in About)
3) loaded the backup

Messaging notification works at the moment

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

A question please, I have installed the preview version on a Lumia 635. It however does not have a SIM thus is not able to receive SMS messages. I was wondering in the MS has added repeating notifications for incoming SMS, like IOS reminds you until you acknowledge. While it can be a nuisance, it is a great help if you are in a noisy environment and do not notice the first notification. Blinking LEDs and Glance is really not a solution, unless you carry the phone in your hand all the time.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

After going through the net trying to find a way to get my SMS/Messaging notification to work and not finding any workable solution, I've decided to go through my all of windows 10 mobile setting once again to see whether there is a way to solve this issue. And yes problem solved (for me anyway). No factory reset and no installing additional app

I've detailed out all the action i've taken for your reference. This is not a sure fire way to solve the problem and its only work for me and my phone on the 17/1/2016 GMT+8.

My phone spec was:
Phone : Nokia Lumia 1020 (Lumia Cyan)
Os build: 10.0.10586.63

So here is the detail steps i've taken chronologically in solving my SMS/Messaging notification issue

Previous Settings related to the issue of "Messaging"

1. "Notification and actions" under "System"
I'm guessing my case is similar to everyone, the "Messaging" option is not to be found in the "Show notifications from these apps"

2. "Lock screen" under "Personalization"
2.1 My "Choose app to show detailed status" was set to "Whatsapp"
2.2 As always I've also chosen "Messaging" in the "Choose apps to show quick status"

3. "Messaging" under "Privacy"
Chosen option ON for "Let apps read or send messages (text or MMS)".

4. "Background apps" under "Privacy"
4.1 "Messaging + Skype" was disabled

Solving the issue
1. "Background apps" under "Privacy"
Turn ON the option

2. "Lock screen" under "Personalization"
Change "Choose app to show detailed status" from "Whatsapp" to "Messaging"

3. "Messaging" under "System"
Turn ON all option (Yes, I really meant ALL OPTION)

Then I've restart my phone and asked my wife to send me one short message through the SMS/Messaging app and I've heard the sweet sound of SMS/Messaging and what a beautiful site seeing the message on my phone lock screen. And finally the "Messaging" is shown in the "Notification and actions" (after restarting).

Then I reverting back a few setting after solving the issue and the SMS/Messaging notification still works

1. "Lock screen" under "Personalization"
I've changed it back to "Whatsapp"

2. "Messaging" under "System"
Disable all the options under the "SMS/MMS"

Hope this solution will work for you phone as well.

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs