How is the battery Life on WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW BUILD 10166?

Ashish Chamoli

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
How is battery Life on WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW BUILD 10166

I am using Lumia 730.
I want to know about battery life in Build 10166. I used last build and had battery issue ! so i revert back to 8.1
plzz Tell me about battery life in this New Build.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: How is battery Life on WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW BUILD 10166

A whole lot better! I have found playing some games it's better than 8.1 was.

Imr An

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

First i have directly updated from windows 8.1 to 10166, previously i havent installed windows previews. When upgraded from 8.1 faced a lot bugs. Couldnt type anything using keyboard. I have done several times soft resets but that hasn't worked. Finally went to settings>reset phone. After resetting phone windows is performing like an ease on my Lumia 730.
Pros:
1.Smooth UI interface
2.camera is very good
3.battery is good, iam on Preview since 12 hours and battery is performing very well same as on 8.1. Things i have did to increase battery life is go to settings>privacy>background apps>disabled all unused apps.
Microphone>disabled all the useless apps
wifi>turn off wifi sense
Location>turned off
motion> turn off motion.

4.Store has improved alot.
5.Animations are smooth and cool

Cons :
1. Sometimes while taking a screenshot it says couldn't take a screenshot.
2. Delay in store, while updating apps and downloading the apps. It takes much time to install the apps after downloading.

Overall its cool preview, But still has to improved in some portions. If u want to run preview smoothly on your device, Do hard reset and install preview. I would recommend it on the primary phone only if you do a hard reset and wipe off all your data.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

For me it looks like pretty much the same as with pervious build, 10000 mah battery pack is always with me :D

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

For me it looks like pretty much the same as with pervious build, 10000 mah battery pack is always with me :D

Ha! Same! But to be honest 10166, has improved in my case with caveats;

Groove music Battery hog.
Cortana, hog too. I don't even use this ***** anymore(well rarely) since mobile 10, poor performance & implementations.
LOCATION, constantly being toggled, while idle. I'm talking about at 30 seconds to 1 minute intervals.

Imr An

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Its good if u turn off background apps,locations etc.. Iam getting same amount of battery as on 8.1 on my lumia 730 after turning off unnecessary things

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Ha! Same! But to be honest 10166, has improved in my case with caveats;

Groove music Battery hog.
Cortana, hog too. I don't even use this ***** anymore(well rarely) since mobile 10, poor performance & implementations.
LOCATION, constantly being toggled, while idle. I'm talking about at 30 seconds to 1 minute intervals.

I discovered something and posted about it but no one replied to me. When you're setting up Windows 10 Mobile after a Hard Reset, it asks you if you want to customize your phone, and if you hit that, and deselect "Send my location to Microsoft when my phone is activated" and hit next. Go back and you'll find it re-enabled again.... No idea what the hell is that.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Good that you had mentioned it, thx. Sorry must have missed that post.
It actually accesses location by the minute when windows feedback is open. See it for yourself, you'll be shocked.
I guess I did click yes. Arghh.

Lingeshwaran R

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

hi! I too hv a L730. My battery lasted for 2 days with normal use. That is way better than 8.1!!

Sameer Parihar

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Battery is generally better but, for me at least, watching videos kills the battery. This is on a 1520 with its gigantic battery. And heat is still an issue but the battery lasts much longer on idle even w/location on.

hydrosmith

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Battery life on my L928 is better than it has ever been! Even after Denim and I got a slight battery boost from that. Granted I don't have many apps installed but I have to say wow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa