start background; cortana; battery killer

vedant dhaktod

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem of start background in build 10166. I am not able to change the start background also cortana is not working properly and i found that this version is battery killer.

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I was able to change my start background from just installing windows 10 mobile... I agree with Teo, but if all else fails, wipe back to 8.1, don't restore data, do a hard reset, upgrade to windows 10, hard reset then restore data.

tredmanz

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I was able to change my start background from just installing windows 10 mobile... I agree with Teo, but if all else fails, wipe back to 8.1, don't restore data, do a hard reset, upgrade to windows 10, hard reset then restore data.
I had the same problem after upgrading from 8.1 - doing this (hard reset and don't restore backup) fixed it for me.

vedant dhaktod

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Ya I am not getting what to do any other solution please Help me guys. And thanks for your attention thanks everyone. Please provide more solutions. I am using Lumia 730

Adityaveer Singh

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. Can't change my start wallpaper too. Shall I do a factory reset from my phone? If yes, then what if I restore my backup on it after the reset?

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I was able to change as well as soon I installed the build (from 8.1). But I cant change it again. I'm stuck with the one I first chose. I can't do hard reset at the moment, so I don't know if that fixes the problem. I'll just wait for the next build.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
For me restoring backups has always caused issues. I think Microsoft needs a new tool that does backups just for windows 10 install. But I found that the only way to solve issues is to factory reset and then when it asks me to login to my Microsoft account during initial activation of phone, I would skip it. Then I would just login later through accounts. That's how I resolved my stuck background. I just started fresh no restoring of anything.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya I am not getting what to do any other solution please Help me guys. And thanks for your attention thanks everyone. Please provide more solutions. I am using Lumia 730

go into your settings, find the "bout" section, where it says rest my phone to factory settings, press that, plug it in a charge, and let it reset, it will wipe all your settings and personal files out, also once its done, do NOT restore form any back ups.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
1. Revert back to 8.1 with a fresh start. (no backup)
2. Do a hard reset to a fresh start. (no backup)
3. Install Windows Insider and install Windows 10. Again do a fresh start. (no backup)
4. Once on Windows 10, do another hard reset with a fresh start. (no backup)

That should do it.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem of start background in build 10166. I am not able to change the start background also cortana is not working properly and i found that this version is battery killer.

Same exact issues, I'm on a 630.​

Please send your feedback to Microsoft,

what is sad in this forum, that when you come here for solution, the only solution you get is to hard reset.

As if that is considered a solution.

jcboliveira

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
There migration problems in the beta, some are easy to spot like the file name in custom ringtones. Unfortunately the standard cure for migration problems is: Hard reset and no backup restore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon