Why can't I update my Lumia 520 to the latest version of Windows 10 ie 10166?

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
cant update my lumia 520 to latest version of windows 10 ie 10166

i am using lumia 520 and have windows 10 (last version) Now i am trying to download new version ie 10166 but not getting download it showing me message ie "your mobile is on battery saving mode please turn it off and downloading will start" but it dosnt work. If downloading start somehow it get stop at 4% every time.....I hae tried many ways but it is not working

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: cant update my lumia 520 to latest version of windows 10 ie 10166

Connect it to a charger and leave it connected.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I successfully installed 10166 on my 520 yesterday. One thing I noticed was, the phone was not charging while it was updating, even though the charger was connected. You should fully charge your phone before starting the upgrade.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I successfully installed 10166 on my 520 yesterday. One thing I noticed was, the phone was not charging while it was updating, even though the charger was connected. You should fully charge your phone before starting the upgrade.
How is it working on your 520?

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

How is it working on your 520?
It's ok for my daily driver. I make calls, text, use Here+, music player, calendar and hey Angry Birds is working. I have several games and news apps and they work. It's a little slow at times and this morning I had to reboot it. Some people were having problems with Store, but it works for me, though I have not purchased anything, just reloaded what I own. I have been leaving on the charger with the wifi on at night, just to see if it picks up any updated apps. As someone mentioned, history is not working, so you don't really know if it got anything. Camera button brings up video, this is annoying. I don't use skype, xbox, or cortana.

If you update, just be patient, there are a lot of apps updating in the background and it takes a while. Be sure to do a soft reset.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

It's ok for my daily driver. I make calls, text, use Here+, music player, calendar and hey Angry Birds is working. I have several games and news apps and they work. It's a little slow at times and this morning I had to reboot it. Some people were having problems with Store, but it works for me, though I have not purchased anything, just reloaded what I own. I have been leaving on the charger with the wifi on at night, just to see if it picks up any updated apps. As someone mentioned, history is not working, so you don't really know if it got anything. Camera button brings up video, this is annoying. I don't use skype, xbox, or cortana.

If you update, just be patient, there are a lot of apps updating in the background and it takes a while. Be sure to do a soft reset.
Thanks. I am also going to install 10166 on my 520 then :D

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I am also going to install 10166 on my 520 then :D
There has been a discussion about whether a hard reset is needed on not. The first time I updated to 10166, I did a hard reset right after and did not restore from backup, this works.
Then I went back to 8.1 and updated again to 10166 and did not hard reset. It worked for awhile, but was acting funny.
So, I did a backup at that point, a hard reset and restored my backup. That is how it is now and it is stable.
Good luck.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

There has been a discussion about whether a hard reset is needed on not. The first time I updated to 10166, I did a hard reset right after and did not restore from backup, this works.
Then I went back to 8.1 and updated again to 10166 and did not hard reset. It worked for awhile, but was acting funny.
So, I did a backup at that point, a hard reset and restored my backup. That is how it is now and it is stable.
Good luck.

I had the same 'odd' behaviour when not hard resetting. Very strange things were afoot. I guess there maybe some app compatability issues etc, once hard reset I behaved rather well, apart from the notifications...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720