10166 and lumia camera?

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
So what happened?
Can't find it using mobile store app
Sent link from web store and it shows "Lumia Camera is no longer available". Yesterday it was "Sorry Lumia Camera is no longer available. For help, go to support.microsoft.com".
There are no problems to find and install Lumia Camera Beta, but it doesn't work
Should i downgrade to wp8 while i can?

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
new stock camera can't save in dng, no small+big pictures, uses too much jpeg compression, no auto focus and sound filters in video mode

sbrombei

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I 'm missing the DNG saving. I tried to use Lumia Camera. But it can not be installed. Lumia Camera can be installed but does not work: "The smartphone [10166] will not be supported". The "new" Windows Camera app is a joke: Downsized and hence no features. Does anybody know a solution ?

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
i think im gonna downgrade to wp8 while i can
for me lumia camera is more important than wp10
sadly we can't get back old pro camera app, it was way faster than latest lumia camera apps

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I've both 920 & 1020 lumias which were known for the camera elements mostly and the latest TP update 10166 has almost crippled the usage of lumia camera apps totally by making them unavailable to install! Windows stock camera app is a joke and I am downgrading the 1020 once again back to 8.1. Sad that almost everything else about the build is near perfect...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
This is just temporary, i think. It will come in next builds, or the windows camera will be inproved significlly. Now even the pic quality is crap, and when i zoom in the picture, i can see some lines all over the screen. It will get fixed, simply because camera is one of the best things on Nokia/Microsoft phones :D

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Actually I still have my Lumia Camera installed on my 830 but everytime I open it, it closes instantly...

I miss you, Lumia Camera

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
upgraded to wp8
holy **** it is so fast
wp10 camera is barely faster than lumia camera
just never upgrade lumia camera, it gets intentionally slower after each version

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Same here. However today, if you follow the link from Edge to the store, it will send you to the Store on the phone and you can tap Install but it does nothing but staying on Working...
Boy that stock camera app is a mess. Total failure!
Lumia 1020

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
I have Lumia camera on my 1520 on Win10. It was a silent background install (along with Lumia Storyteller and other Lumia apps). Took ~6 hrs to push to my 1520 after I updated and formatted the Win10 preview.

No panorama mode, but both Microsoft and Lumia camera apps are there and work properly.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia camera on my 1520 on Win10. It was a silent background install (along with Lumia Storyteller and other Lumia apps). Took ~6 hrs to push to my 1520 after I updated and formatted the Win10 preview.

No panorama mode, but both Microsoft and Lumia camera apps are there and work properly.

Can you explain this? I am aware the lumia apps now come up "install" (one step closer!!!) you can do so via web as above or from your library within the store app. Are you saying to leave it to time out and it will eventually install? 6 hours per app? Did you have it on charge the whole time?

Can you provide screen shots/ further info

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720