Groove Music won't show playlists

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on the latest technical preview. Groove loaded all my songs, but won't load any playlists. Anybody else experience this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Also: My phone periodically loses connection to the internet (either data or wifi), and I have to restart it. Is this a common bug in the tech preview? I have to reset the phone to get it talking to the world again

2RBau

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
You're lucky ... I can't get Groove Music to scan any of my Drives, so I have no music at all ... but all my playlists are still there, just no tracks to play!

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
My playlist from the cloud (is it XBox or OneDrive, I don't really know) sometimes appears, and sometimes not. It could be my slow internet connection. I await an update.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I have the same issue. None of my local playlists are showing up. I was hoping 10512 would fix it but nothing so far. MixRadio finds my playlist without any issues so I know they're on there but Groove doesn't see any of them.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. None of my local playlists are showing up. I was hoping 10512 would fix it but nothing so far. MixRadio finds my playlist without any issues so I know they're on there but Groove doesn't see any of them.

I've never got local playlists to showsince WP8, but with Groove not even my cloud playlists show up - nor does any of my steaming collection (Music pass & OneDrive). Also, I can't play songs from the store without buying them.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

So after a while, mine showed up
Give it some time partner

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I too am seeing some populate. Still awaiting the Collection of songs/albums to also populate.
Time seems to be the factor. I did have to perform a hard reset earlier to even get Onedrive music to register.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Same issue for me : no playlists. I'll add that Groove Music does not find any song/album/... with the streaming filter.
But still, I'm able to play DRM protected songs stored on my micro SD card.

Glenn Ruysschaert

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It takes a while, leave it on the playlists screen and wait.
The real trouble starts when you update a playlist, and Groove already has the same playlist name in memory. It wont update the playlist with the changes you made, and if it does it completely messes it up.
Playlists are the biggest drawback of Groove, and it's quite unacceptable.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm aware that it may take a while but I have updated my ATIV S yesterday. Since, as soon as I can, I launch the Groove Music application and let it runs in the foreground (with no lockscreen). Yet, nothing has changed.
One thing I noticed is that the application crashed yesterday while adding songs from my micro SD card.
Groove Music also crashes while doing... nothing.

Since yesterday I have no cloud functions working except authentication : no artists pictures, no songs available for streaming, no playlists.
Preview perks. 8P

Last edited:

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm aware that it might take a while but I have updated my ATIV S yesterday. Since, as soon as I can, I launch the Groove Music application and let it run in the foreground (with no lockscreen). Yet, nothing has changed.
One thing I noticed is that the application crashed yesterday while adding songs from my micro SD card.
Groove Music also crash while doing... nothing.

Since yesterday I have no cloud functions working except authentication : no artists pictures, no songs available for streaming, no playlists.
Preview perks. 8P

Same here, except its been that way since Groove released for, not just a day.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, everything is getting better : Groove Music is syncing my collection. I tried a lot of things but the one who appeared to work was :
- Shutdown the phone
- Remove the micro SD card
- Power on
- Open Groove Music
- Try to play songs
- You get an error
- Let Groove Music works in the foreground (it took ~20mn)

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I've had the playlists on there for nearly a week and they still haven't appeared. Hard-resets, soft resets, re-syncing, leaving groove open & plugged in, nothing seems to work. I'd like to be optimistic and think that MS won't release an app that takes this long for playlists to be recognized but the same issue existed with Xbox Music on 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss