Stuck in reboot after installing Win 10 Mobile on Lumia 810

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Wiped a Lumia 810 back to factory (Windows Phone 8.0)

Used Developer's Preview to upgrade to WP 8.1

Using Windows Insider app to download / install WP 10

On restart - phone stuck in reboot between the T-Mobile spash and nokia Splash. Won't start WP 10.

Any suggestions? (and yes -- this is a backup test phone. Just want to help make WP 10 better)

marco agostoni

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
The same problem with lumia 520, metroPCS. All night it rebooted.

I tried Windows Phone Recovery Tool Installer. I recovered my phone but I lost everything I had in the cell. Contacts, apps, etc.... I would like to add a link, but I am not allowed, just google it. Do not update to 10.
Good luck.

Last edited:

tulak

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi stocktiki
I had ones problem with my Lumia 810. I went in side drive and delete all files make sure they are not in read properties.
I worked for me.

mostau

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I ran into the same issue. It appears to be an issue with the upgrade from Windows Phone 8.1. to 10.

The bits for 10 however were laid down on the phone correctly so all you need to do is perform a hard reset and the phone will revert to a clean Windows 10 install, which then boots successfully and works fine.

To perform a hard reset on an 810, pull the battery then put back in. Then follow this procedure...

Press the Power key to turn the phone on.
Immediately press and hold the Volume Down key. An exclaimation mark ("!") will appear on the display.
Press the Volume Up key.
Press the Volume Down key.
Press the Power key.
Press the Volume Down key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss