Insider Program suspended until further notice?

anon(9546957)

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I knew the Insider Program is suspended for computers for the preparation of the Windows 10 launch, but I read a comment on a youtube video that said that this means there will be no new downloads of Windows 10 Mobile too.
Does anyone know if this is true? I really want to try the new OS

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
They are most likely in a "Freeze" state for ALL OS Changes and Updates until after the July 29th launch.

Once the Desktop OS launches, the mobile development will resume and updates will come out as the Mobile OS is slated for a "Fall" release.

This is a fairly standard process for major deployments in the IT industry.

anon(9546957)

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
They are most likely in a "Freeze" state for ALL OS Changes and Updates until after the July 29th launch.

Once the Desktop OS launches, the mobile development will resume and updates will come out as the Mobile OS is slated for a "Fall" release.

This is a fairly standard process for major deployments in the IT industry.

So can I update my phone today, or will I have to wait till after the 29th?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Umm. Builds haven't been halted. They're just moving to be installed via Windows Update.

Build 10240 now available for Windows Insiders in Fast and Slow rings | Blogging Windows

Gabe Aul said:
On Monday we announced that builds from here on will only be available through Windows Update, so to get this one you can either wait and it will be installed automatically (but who are we kidding, I know you want it now!) or go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. Remember that you’ll need to be logged in with your Microsoft Account in order to receive the build.

Besides builds, over the next 2 weeks you’ll also see some Windows Updates and app updates in the Store, so make sure to keep checking for updates daily to make sure you’re running the latest and greatest code.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Is 10166 available to all insiders or just fast ring. I have an update ready to download, my first attempt, I'd rather not unless it's 10166. I'm afraid that's the first one I would feel safe with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett