Cant update to build 10240 "Need to stop insider builds"?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Cant update to build 10240 because apparently i need to stop insider builds, i click fix me, and it wants to be restore back to the previous build. Why is this?

Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks. ​

Herrman

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Same error here, I tried everything I was able to find.

Switching to local account, restarting, going back to MSA, restarting.. and nothing.
Also tried the fix with the store, nothing... I ran out of ideas and google finds.

I dont wanna go back to the last ISO I have and do a clean install.

megaton

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm success with W10 TH1 Enterprise 10240 build & activated, holy cow!

If can't login ms account to fix upgrade & stuck with pin try install some apps
& login it worked with me since 10162's bug.
Everytime before upgrade make sure clean $Windows.~BT properly.
Every new build cames it's always overwrite $Windows.~BT folder in C:

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I think I saw that MS has stopped the insider rings in relation to the official w10 becoming available. Have you tried updating without insider? Don't know if it would actually work or not...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I saw that MS has stopped the insider rings in relation to the official w10 becoming available. Have you tried updating without insider? Don't know if it would actually work or not...

I don't know how to get out of insider though. I click stop insider and does nothing.

Check for updates and keep getting notifications that insider needs attention but does nothing but link to a useless webpage.

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I went to accounts and found I wasn't logged into my MS account. I logged in, got rid of the error, but still don't have any build updates.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I was able to update to 10240 on my desktop last night, but it's not finding the update on my SP3. I wonder if their servers are getting hammered maybe?

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I clicked on that, and nothing happened. My Surface is now running 240. It is pretty good, but I think there will still be further updates before Windows 10 goes live. Maybe it is just driver and App issues, but it still doesn't seem as snappy as Windows 8 did.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
o installed the ISO for build 10240 but unable to activate my device, and dont know where to get my licence key. Is it a good idea to go back to be a previous build and then upgrade again?

Jojo Fruch

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I've read that those iso versions floating around might not activate or screw up any further activation from your previous builds. Looks like Microsoft has screwed us over folks. They got what the needed from us and now don't care

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
How did you guys get 240, I have 162 installed on vm machine and I'm insider too

I had 166 running live on my SP3 and 159 as VM on Desktop. SP3 Received the 10240 update. I haven't checked if the VM was updated, I haven't been using it lately.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb