First jump into WP10 not going well (10166). Stuck at the starting line.

macgyver35

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
After months of waiting for an update to fix Netflix on an 830 I had lying around (1020 is my daily), I decided to jump in and try loading WP10 on it. The upgrade was straight forward enough. I performed it without doing a hard reset, and my MS account was still on the device and working. But I noticed some of the bugs reported.
So I decided to do a hard rest and set it up as a new device. I had removed it from my list of devices in my MS Account.

Now, no matter which way I try, I can not log in to my MS account and get it tied to this phone. I tried going straight to settings>accounts. I tried going to the store to trigger a login. I tired going the OneDrive app to trigger a login. Nothing works.

If I go to settings>accounts, and hit the "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" the screen goes to black, with a circle of chasing dots along with the message "Just a moment..." and it will sit there for an hour and go nowhere. I never even get a chance to enter my credentials.

If I try the other two methods, I'll get an MS Account login screen, but when I enter my credentials it will go to the "Just a moment..." screen for a second or two, then I get a pop-up window that says "Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again in a few minutes." Well, I've tried each method at least half a dozen times each throughout the course of the day. No dice. My Google Foo is not helping me at all.

Anyone point me in the right direction? I have a live.com account domain if that makes a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750