Windows Mobile 10 512MB RAM Devices, do they work well with low end devices?

emi539

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Windows Mobile 10 512MB RAM Devices

Hi i was thinking if you have installed Windows Mobile 10 preview and if you are using low end devices with 512MB RAM i wish you could help with sending a feedback to Microsoft saying that they should make avaible low end devices to support games like Fifa NFS etc.
Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Mobile 10 512MB RAM Devices

Sorry but windows 10 will not help because it's basically hardware related that these games can not run on 512MB devices. Apart from hardware related it can also be in some cases that the developers do not want to make the games available for 512MB devices.
So the best thing you can do is contact the developers of these games to make them available for 512 MB devices but be aware that if the game is made available for 512 MB devices the experience will be less than you play it on a 1GB device.

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Its not MS who should deal with it. Thr game is just too powerful for the 512mb Lumias to run. Do you contact Rocksteady that arkham knight doesnt run on xbox360?
Deal with it or buy new phone

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

I have sent mails requesting support for 512 Mb devices, but not to microsoft, rather to the Devs. Cause its them who develop the games. The replies I got mostly state that the games were designed for 1gb & above devices, optimization is possible, but would ruin the experience.

Besides the new models all come with a basic of 1GB ram.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

My first Windows Phone - a Samsung Focus - had 512Mb RAM, and it ran fine. After that, I only had 1Gb phones, until earlier this year, when I got a $30 Lumia 520 out of curiousity & put W10 on it. It was horribly sluggish and crash-y and slow - I eventually had to reset it back to 8.1, where it was ALSO horribly sluggish and slow, and maybe less crash-y than it had been on W10, but still way more so than any other 8.1 phone I'd used.

Similar issues (though not as pronounced) with an impulse-buy Lumia 635 - it felt slow on W10, reset it, and it STILL felt slow on WP8.1.

Where I'm going with this is, I think the "de facto" minimum hardware requirement for WP8.1 and higher is 1G of RAM, whether that ever gets officially acknowledged or not. (Have any new 512Mb Windows Phones been announced, or even hinted at? I doubt it...) I'm expecting the WP10 experience on my 635 to get somewhat *better* as the OS gets optimized & tweaked, but I'm not expecting it to get *good*, and I'm not expecting forward-looking developers to put much effort into making it *good*.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6