Photo's to onedrive figured out yet?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

i hoped that in build 1016 Photo's taken would upload to Onedrive faster than in 10149, sadly I have not noticed an improvement.
In 8.1 if i took a photo it would be in my Onedrive folder on my laptop within a minute, even chosing the manual share to Onedrive option does not speed things up.

I have been unable to pinpoint an average timing on how long it takes to upload photo's to Onedrive or found a way to speed it up.
Anyone had any success or know how to improve things?

I have send feedback on this issue in both builds.

​Cheers

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Gabe recently said that the team working on the Photos app is hardly focusing on performances improvements. It already became better than it was in the first builds, I think we'll have something way more interesting in the end

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
On a positive note, it seems that Onedrive, and the Photos application have now somewhat merged in Windows 10 Mobile if you have Onedrive back up connected. The new live tile, and how it zooms, and fades into another image is awesome. Every single person ive showed this build to that has Android or IOS is thinking it looks awesome..............BUT APPS...............CMON MS, you should have just reached out and paid developers to build their apps for Windows Phone, instead of wasting 7+ billion dollars on Nokia Acquisition.............its not Its not like you needed the name "Lumia"........Surface phone will sell in the US - the amount of Surface owners is increasing daily, I see them A LOT in NYC now, and it seems that the "Cool Factor" is now in MS's court. They do need to incentivize developers to port over their apps though. Maybe no fees for the first year or something, get it done MS.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
On a positive note, it seems that Onedrive, and the Photos application have now somewhat merged in Windows 10 Mobile if you have Onedrive back up connected. The new live tile, and how it zooms, and fades into another image is awesome. Every single person ive showed this build to that has Android or IOS is thinking it looks awesome..............BUT APPS...............CMON MS, you should have just reached out and paid developers to build their apps for Windows Phone, instead of wasting 7+ billion dollars on Nokia Acquisition.............its not Its not like you needed the name "Lumia"........Surface phone will sell in the US - the amount of Surface owners is increasing daily, I see them A LOT in NYC now, and it seems that the "Cool Factor" is now in MS's court. They do need to incentivize developers to port over their apps though. Maybe no fees for the first year or something, get it done MS.

They wasted more money buying apps we'll never see (the android or iOS calendar app for example, don't remember the name) instead of buying apps we need on the platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon