Here's what happened when i clicked "Stop Getting Preview Builds"...

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So I thought i'd try to click on the button that says stop getting preview builds and see what happened. We now actually have the option to stop getting builds (its not greyed out). So I clicked it and confirmed. Now I am not set to get any insider builds from 10240. It also says my Windows 10 pro is activated and there is NO time bomb. So what now? I heard a lot of talk about how there is no expiration on this build and since I stopped getting insider builds does this mean I have the final version for free (assuming that 10240 is the final one)?

I did go from a genuine 8.1 to 10 but I figured that this might not be the final version. So if the option is there to stop insider builds and there is no time bomb...I'm confused here, is this even possible? Every build so far had a time bomb and you could not stop insider builds or I guess if you could they would at least expire. Thoughts?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it appears that build is the RTM version, the version that will ship with PCs that come with 10.

By opting out of Insider, you've put yourself on the normal track, receiving public updates when they happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss