stuck on build 10074

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm running build 10074. I hadn't turned on my beta laptop in a while and wanted to see what was going on. I had a huge number of updates, but when they were done, it said I was up to date and I'm still on 10074. I've even tried resetting windows. It didn't help. Any ideas?

tbhCKR

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Download the ISO of the current build and ugprade it :)

Search on the internet for "10240 ISO" and download it. These are actually leaked ISOs, but you should be able to use them without any problems. Build 10240 is a RTM build, which means that it's activated if you've got a valid Windows 7/8.1 key and it does no longer send all your keyboard inputs to MS.
I don't know if I can post a link, because it had been published on a site, which is hosting illegal/cracked software, too. Actually this site is a very good source for unmodified Windows ISOs.
Just for your information: I don't use any cracked programs and I wouldn't like to do so. ;)

tbhCKR

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
That's why I've written leaked ISO ;)

The advantage of the leaked 10240 ISO is that you aren't in the Insider Ring and you don't need a Microsoft account. On the other hand the disadvantage could be that someone could mirror it bundled with a virus or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss