Windows 10 mobile store doesn't detect apps updates

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the new build. Store is on version 2015.7.14.1 now. Didn't detect any app updates yet. Not sure if it is still broken or simply no updates. Opened windows insider in the store and it downloaded after a minute again though:\l

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a old Lumia 720 as a test device for w10, the store and app updates appear to be working properly... Damn slow but definitely updating, my biggest issue is the speed in which the notifications bar appears, I drag my finger down the screen and have to wait 4-5 seconds before the bar appears, last build was the same and both have had the ootb method after initial install

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
U need to re submit your serial number to Microsoft to continue the reset for finish with the app. Forget the site right now but Bing/ google sending the Band serial number to Microsoft to get there and things will go much smoother for you.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem on my 930. The only way to get it working was a hard reset without restore. I'm back on 8.1 now though, because after the hard reset I couldn't add my work email account.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I know it is late to say this now and maybe the problem may already solved by Microsoft.
At that time the problem was that the store couldn't handle to check for updates for a large list of apps. so if you have a very large number of apps installed on your phone you will have this issue, while if you have a reasonable number of apps installed everything would be ok and the store can check for updates. In addition the phone will not take long time showing the update button on the app page.

Baris T

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I had tried deleting apps before, after your comment, I deleted more and thankfully store now detects updates with 155 apps. Thank you!

Last edited:

eviltrainer

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, I'm having this issue on my wife's Lumia 730 on the official Windows 10 Mobile build. However, the issue is even worse than the one adrian1338 faced: when I go to an app's page it shows as it is already updated, and the "Check updates" button does not find new updates for it. That's incredibly annoying since my NOW SIDELINED BY MICROSOFT Lumia 820, finds and updates the apps like a charm.
One more thing to note is my wife's Lumia 730 doesn't have too many apps installed. Do you guys have any ideas other than hard resetting the device?
Thanks in advance :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, I'm having this issue on my wife's Lumia 730 on the official Windows 10 Mobile build. However, the issue is even worse than the one adrian1338 faced: when I go to an app's page it shows as it is already updated, and the "Check updates" button does not find new updates for it. That's incredibly annoying since my NOW SIDELINED BY MICROSOFT Lumia 820, finds and updates the apps like a charm.
One more thing to note is my wife's Lumia 730 doesn't have too many apps installed. Do you guys have any ideas other than hard resetting the device?
Thanks in advance :)

Take one updated app in 820, write version number, then check same app in 730. Are they different?

eviltrainer

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I don't even need to write down the version number because I realized that the Photos app new features (printer support, Onedrive information, etc) are missing on the Lumia 730 :(

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I don't even need to write down the version number because I realized that the Photos app new features (printer support, Onedrive information, etc) are missing on the Lumia 730 :(

I'm sorry, time for an hard reset. Hope it resolves, there's since yesterday that updates arrived by waves

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i got the same issue with Lumia Icon. no updates and I know there are updates to apps it should be finding. very frustrating.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720