"You need to install an app for this task...Would you like to search for one in the store?"

Defrostmode

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
"You need to install an app for this task...Would you like to search for one in the store?"

I have a Nokia Lumia 635 on the newest windows 10 build.
When I try to set a contact's text or ringtone, this is what the screen that pops up says.

Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
re: "You need to install an app for this task...Would you like to search for one in the store?"

Well known issue and there is nothing you can do but hope it will be fixed in the next build :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: "You need to install an app for this task...Would you like to search for one in the store?"

We might not have to wait for the next build. A lot of the core features are now App based so can be updated separately to an OS update. The "People" app is one of these.

In the meantime, please upvote any feedback items for this feature request in the feedback app. Quickly tap the volume down and power buttons together to launch the feedback app from anywhere.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

We might not have to wait for the next build. A lot of the core features are now App based so can be updated separately to an OS update. The "People" app is one of these.
Yeah, but so far I didn't notice any update to people app....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs