W10M Keyboard

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have the problems I am having with the newest version of the keyboard? It seems I continually am finding that when I look up I have paragraphs worth of words with no spaces at all because the space bar is just a tad different placement or sensitivity than in windows phone 8.1. I am almost to the point where in going to switch OSes if they don't get the keyboard changed. It might be user error for this, but I never never used to have lots of spelling Ir grammatical errors now it eitherspell checks it wrong or the space bar doesn't work or some how the wrong letters get pressed. Anyone else feel they have the same issues with this keyboard? I literally had to go back through so much of this message and change the spacings and words because so much was incorrect. I've tried everything with my technique but it shouldn't require this much work just to get the keyboard to type right for someone. If they keyboard is like this is the final version and instill have just as much trouble typing, there is no way that I could use this OS, it is that big of an issue and nuisance. Anyone else in the same boat? I've never had these problem in window phone 8.1 I also can type plenty fine on iOS, but id love to keep using my windows phones. They are using the OS that I love.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I also have problems with keyboard accuracy sometimes but I'm pretty sure it will be fixed, the start screen loading bug is what annoys me the most :)

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have absolutely no problem with the keyboard. I'm typing this on my 10166 icon. I'm quite surprised that you'd leave an OS because of it. Just make an effort to change your technique and you'll be totally fine. I wouldn't give up so easily. 😉

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure i made it clear that this isn't a simple technique change lol. It has literally been a pain in the b.u.t.t. to type on this keyboard, and I'm glad there are others that have experienced the same problem, hopefully it will be fixed then. A problem this big will affect someone's ability to use a device with ease and that is reason enough to leave an OS for sure. Definitely hope they fix these issue! Thanks most of you!

tanvrhakim

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
For the most part, I haven't had any issues with the keyboard besides the fact that my language would change when I try using the space bar. 930

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
This is could be device specific. I have this issue on my 925.

But I would say it is not only keyboard issue. It seems like overall touchscreen sensitivity is worse, especially on bottom of the screen. I do have in general worse "hit ratio" on this build. And on bottom of the screen I have the same problem like with spacebar also for example with the End call button in Phone app. Sometimes I have to click on it several times to end the call.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
This is could be device specific. I have this issue on my 925.

But I would say it is not only keyboard issue. It seems like overall touchscreen sensitivity is worse, especially on bottom of the screen. I do have in general worse "hit ratio" on this build. And on bottom of the screen I have the same problem like with spacebar also for example with the End call button in Phone app. Sometimes I have to click on it several times to end the call.

Yeah same problems but I have an icon(929/939).

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The keyboard is fine with me. It's not quite as smooth or as fast as Windows Phone 8.1, and I would like to see a lot more improvements, but it's not as bad as you say it is (for me at least).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes