W10 Mobile Build 10240 may be the next build

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
A video was published by WMPowerUser in Youtube. It is the Windows 10 Mobile build showing build 10240. He says currently, you can only find it on the emulator and only includes minor bug fixes and improvements. What do you think of the build?

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/kJTFlmuuSu4

Saying that this is currently only available on the emulator, I assume the next insider build would be higher numbered than 10240.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Just a very brief and totally pointless emulator overview, there is nothing exciting or new to see there or comment if you ask me... as a matter of fact WMPU intro is the most exciting part of this video :D :D :D

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, only minor bug fixes and improvements. Just a little to talk about, do you think Microsoft would continue to just fix the remaining bugs until the final release? Because I think if they will still going to add more features, they would have done them now, or maybe after July 29.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Just a little to talk about, do you think Microsoft would continue to just fix the remaining bugs until the final release? Because I think if they will still going to add more features, they would have done them now, or maybe after July 29.
Not expecting to see some radical new features, they'll mostly focus on polishing those already introduced..but the good thing is that in WM10, most of the sys apps are now store app and updates, new features can be pushed independently of the OS...

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Off topic, but does anyone know how I can get on the Slow ring? Every since I signed up for Insiders on mobile, I've never seen the Slow ring option. Just the Fast ring which I do not want to be on.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
What? Remove app, reinstall it, resign in and try again...
34c9ac6c27f0b31575142febb14b5a1b.png

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I use 10166 as my daily driver, and it's pretty good...

If anyone truly believes that the final version of W10M will just be fixes and polishing, then W10M will be a failure. So many features are missing!!!!

I'm sure that after the 29th, the team will set about making W10M everything we hope for and more......

chetan4windows

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
The next build is just bug fixes and UI improvements. New features expected to come after 2-3 builds.. I read somewhere that microsoft will just continue on UX improvements and polishing the OS from now on..

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I really hope a new build is coming soon. 10166 worked pretty well for the last 2 weeks but yesterday my phone started to get more and more unstable.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
MS is trying to make the build more stable first so lots of people can try it on their primary device and give feedbacks and suggestions.. There are going to be improvements and additional features in future builds like the interactive tiles, exploding tiles, etc.

azlkk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I really hope a new build is coming soon. 10166 worked pretty well for the last 2 weeks but yesterday my phone started to get more and more unstable.

Same here, liked 10166 until it started throwing me into endless loading loops. Each time it took longer and longer to get out of it on my L920. Finally gave up and rolled back yesterday.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well we will probably find out how good it is by the end of the year. few apps are not ready for the change yet like onedrive and messaging which will cause inconveniences for a few people

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We probably won't see a phone build this week. I imagine that the team are pretty busy with the desktop release.

We may get a build, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't one.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
i think we all just want to know when the next build is coming :D and yea i agree MS needs to do now some bug improvments for some builds and then implant new ideas when the OS is stable to import them :D

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Same here, liked 10166 until it started throwing me into endless loading loops. Each time it took longer and longer to get out of it on my L920. Finally gave up and rolled back yesterday.
this happened to me, start just wouldn't load. I turned show more tiles off, unpinned everything and then turned more tiles back on. then pinned essentials only. now working really well. having seen a loading start screen for 3 days!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon