Gmail us not synchronizing in 10166

NIKHIL NARKAR

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I am using Lumia 820 . I am not able to sync my Gmail account in mail. Anyone haves solution for this? I removed account n install again but having same problem.

evanwaustin

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem on my 640. Gmail syncs when I first add the account and maybe an hour after but then doesn't do anything. Haven't found a solution yet. Feel like it's something small/unique or there would be pandemonium in the Build 10166 streets.....

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The way I solved this problem when I had the problem with an early 928 was to have Gmail forwarded to another of my email accounts. Gmail is particular about what type of account you can forward to. I use a POP 3 server and it works great.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Try this, worked for me:

Make sure your smart phone is connected to Internet
Navigate to Settings -> email+accounts
Remove the existing Google account (if present)
Tap "add an account"
Tap "advanced setup"
Enter your gmail e-mail address
Enter your gmail password. If you are using Application-specific passwords with your Google account, generate and enter a new Application-specific password
Tap the "next" button
Select "Exchange ActiveSync"
Leave Domain empty
Enter Server "m.google.com"
Tap the "sign in" button (optionally set some further options, if needed)
Wait till the synchronization is finished (this could take up to half an hour if you have many contacts, e-mails, etc.)
All done :)

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Try this, worked for me:

Make sure your smart phone is connected to Internet
Navigate to Settings -> email+accounts
Remove the existing Google account (if present)
Tap "add an account"
Tap "advanced setup"
Enter your gmail e-mail address
Enter your gmail password. If you are using Application-specific passwords with your Google account, generate and enter a new Application-specific password
Tap the "next" button
Select "Exchange ActiveSync"
Leave Domain empty
Enter Server "m.google.com"
Tap the "sign in" button (optionally set some further options, if needed)
Wait till the synchronization is finished (this could take up to half an hour if you have many contacts, e-mails, etc.)
All done :)

This doesnt seem to work for me.. it throws an error saying that Google Sync is not enabled.. to goto a PC and enable.. if you do that, it requires you sign up for google apps for work it seems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05