How can I fix spinning gears then a frown face?

kendo141

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
spinning gears then a frown face

i have a lumia 730 running the latest build of windows 10. my phone was causing problems so i thought of doing a hard reset using the manual key combination. however my phone now shows spinning cogs for few minutes then shows a white sad face in black background. i have tried both NSU for retail and recovery tools but none of them detects my phone. can anyone help because giving it to the service center means at least 15 days. thanks

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like maybe your phone batter is low. I would suggest plugging your phone in to power source; wait an hour or so and see if it wakes up.

After charging for a while, hold down the volume down and power button until you feel the "second" vibration; takes about 10 seconds. This might encourage the phone to come to life.

That's all I got. Hopefully you will get other suggestions as well. You man have to send it to repair center as a last resort.

hingethunder

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I had this happen on my spare phone. Only way I found to fix it was using Nokia Software Updater 4.3.2 and tell it my phone was bricked. Rolled it back t Windows 8. Might be worth a try, you can always re-enrol it in the Win10 programme once it is recovered...

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Connect the phone to PC, tell WPRT your phone was not recognised. Choose Lumia brand. Now restart the phone. As it gets past Nokia logo, WPRT will detect it and you can flash 8.1 FW and set up the phone again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3