Any way to sideload the old Lumia Camera?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you have the old file maybe, but I tried manually downloading an app from the Chinese WP store (which still gives the option to download manually), however moving that app to my phone, did not have any effect.. Perhaps if you have a phone with a SD card slot, you might have more luck

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Considering all the features are going into the Microsoft Camera with even more features to be added that Lumia Camera will never have, and considering the load time of Microsoft Camera is quicker, why would you want to? Is there a feature you are missing?

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Considering all the features are going into the Microsoft Camera with even more features to be added that Lumia Camera will never have, and considering the load time of Microsoft Camera is quicker, why would you want to? Is there a feature you are missing?

I am actually of the same opinion, that is eventually there should be no reason to stick with the legacy app. However as you suggested, in the interim, I'd like to be able to use the old app due to a feature that I miss in Windows Camera.

What I'm missing is that the camera app no longer provides an indication of what the current ISO level is like the old Lumia camera did (corresponding to a particular manual shutter speed, with ISO remaining at auto). This way I was able to assess what would be approximately a good shutter speed to use given a scene, judging by the corresponding ISO suggested by the algorithm (I used to adjust the shutter speed such that I hit ISO≈100 for day shots, ISO≈800 for night). In the old app, the text auto in the ISO section of the ring interface was replaced by the current numerical ISO level, in the Windows Camera app, however, I don't have this feedback - there is nothing but a static text auto. (I had previously submitted this issue through the Feedback app)

In short, I am only looking for a short term solution :grin:

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Use this site. Works awesome. Appx4Fun - Top Windows Phone Apps and Games

Download to your computer and copy paste into your downloads folder on your phone.

In W10 Go to SETTINGS>UPDATE/SECURITY>FOR DEVELOPERS
Then turn on side loading.

Install the Lumia Camera 5 Beta. It works really well in W10 with gallery working and saving. But no ability to save Richtone edits. The regular Lumia Cam 5 sucks in 10 and is pretty unstable.

BTW Lumia Classic will not install or run in W10. Boorns.

*I would do this! Because the Beta Store website is gone on Sept. 30th!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Download to your computer and copy paste into your downloads folder on your phone.

Install the Lumia Camera 5 Beta. It works really well in W10 with gallery working and saving. But no ability to save Richtone edits. The regular Lumia Cam 5 sucks in 10 and is pretty unstable.

Will this really work for my Lumia 1020?

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

can't install appx4fun apps , not accepted by xap deployer and also from sd card, please advice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss