How do I install local apps in Windows Phone 10?

swarnava dey

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
how to install local apps in windows phone 10

hi friends . i am using lumia 535 and i have installed windows 10 using windows insider app . everything is working fine . but i am having one problem . i cannot install local apps . such as i have downloaded gt racing 2 game ( .xap ) on my pc and then transfer it to my phone memory . when i click on the app it says it's not working i will have contact the company from where i have purchased it . i couldn't understand why this thing is happening . in store also i couldn't fin the option " install local apps " . now what to do ? i want to play the game .....please help .............................

morse ali

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to install local apps in windows phone 10

hi dear

in my wp 8.1 i did this
first download xap apps as you did
then open wifi or data connection
Finally you will find install local apps in the store menu
i did this with fifa 15 and other apps

if you get any problem i will answer you and if it goes better please tell me because I put this question in my bookmark ;-) have fun with your Lumia my friend .

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Same problem with me. No any way to install any app manually now. I have 5GB of apps in my memory card but i can't able to install those apps in windows 10 build 10166

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Not sure but I think I read somewhere that you can do it with the app File Explorer. Find the game file with File explores and that tap the file and see if an option "install" appears.
Good luck.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Not sure but I think I read somewhere that you can do it with the app File Explorer. Find the game file with File explores and that tap the file and see if an option "install" appears.
Good luck.

.appx Apps successfully installed But not able to open installed apps. When I try to open those installed apps a error message appear uninstall or buy.
now running windows 10 mobile build 10166 not supported install app manually.

swarnava dey

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

dear friend there is another problem . sudenly from morning i am not able to slide my lock screen and can do nothing . the screen is not responding . what to do . shall i do reset to go back to windows 8.1

birench

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Go to File Explorer (on Your Phone)>> search your downloaded file >> Click on it >> It Will give you the option to "install".
It Works fine..
I did with "Dead Trigger 2".

Note:- Not all xap files work.

Kix Mrox

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

hi friends . i am using lumia 535 and i have installed windows 10 using windows insider app . everything is working fine . but i am having one problem . i cannot install local apps . such as i have downloaded gt racing 2 game ( .xap ) on my pc and then transfer it to my phone memory . when i click on the app it says it's not working i will have contact the company from where i have purchased it . i couldn't understand why this thing is happening . in store also i couldn't fin the option " install local apps " . now what to do ? i want to play the game .....please help .............................

First Go to 'settings'/ update and protection/for developers

Second tick 'local app install'

now go to file explorer and install the app (xap/appx)

it worked with terraria
(nokia lumia 520 windows phone 10 b10.0.10586.29

Dithesh Vishal

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Goto setting--> click update --> click for developers and in that u have to choose developer mode... Thats all. Now try again.
NB: Only the .appx file can install in wp 10.. None other extension will not work. I have tried it... So only download .appx file or .appx bundle.
After clicking the app, it will show a install icon click install. After that the screen will be blackout or exit. Wait for sometime. If nothing happening. Rename the file and try again.

anon(9929485)

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
use edge browser for app installation

Open your edge browser enter a loop back addess "127.0.0.1" in the url. A page with some options are available.. In apps we can browse &install apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss